Chapter 15: "Enough Talk"

"Wake up Luna!" "Wake up!" All of a sudden a whip was cracked over my back. I jumped up. "Good now eat your breakfast," the guy said with a sly grin. I sniffed a bucket that he had put grain in, it definitely had some kind of drug in it. I was starving so I ate it anyway. He opened the door and put a chain around my neck. "Let's go miss Luna," he yanked me over to the round pen and began to whip me some more.

I took off running as fast as I could around the round pen, hoping he wouldn't be able to hit me. I was wrong. Instead of whipping me, he shifted into his horse and decided to chase me. I ran even faster, I noticed that the fence was broken in one spot and decided to try and jump it. I was halfway over when I was abruptly pulled down by, a wolf? The wolf shifted and was the crazy guy.

"Who are you?!?" I screamed.
"Well, my name's Conor."
"Why are you doing this to me?!"
"It a little thing called revenge, sweetheart."
"What did I ever do to you?!"
"It's not what you did, but your horrible mate."
"Tate? But he would never-"
"Shut up! Tate is not who you think!" He cracked the whip over my back.

He grabbed the chain and pulled me back into the stall. I was tied up so tight I could barely breathe. "Please, let me loose in the stall," I whimpered.
"No!" He hit me over the head and I blacked out.

Tate's POV:

"Where's April!" I screeched for the third time.
"We don't know! She was sleeping in the woods yesterday and that was the last time we saw her," some of the herd members said. I stormed off. She has to quit disappearing all the time! I caught a whiff of her honey and roses sent, I followed it into the woods, where I picked up the sent of a wolf and another horse. I galloped along their trail until it suddenly disappeared. "Nooooooooo!" I screamed into the morning air. I fell to the ground and sobbed. She was gone. Someone took her. I had to find her.

April's POV:
When I came to, I was untied and in the round pen. I slowly stood up. There was some hay and clean water in front of me, I ate the hay slowly. I gulped down the water, and I heard footsteps. "Look who's finally awake."
"Haven't you done enough already?"

"Look it's nothing you've done, but I have to hurt you to hurt Tate," Conor said.
"Can you at least tell me what he did to you?"
"It's not what he did, it what he didn't do."
"What are you talking about?"
"When we were just foals, Tate and I were playing around when wolves attacked us. He ran away screaming, and left me lying on the ground dying. I would have been wolf food if it wasn't for the Alpha. He made a deal with me, if I agreed to join their side he would save me. I just had to become part wolf, that's all."
"Why did Tate leave you?"
"Who knows why! He's the worst brother in the world."

"Wait? Your his brother?!"
"Yes, older."
"Why-"
"That's enough talk for today."
"But-"
"That's enough!" He cracked the whip over my head and I bolted to the other side of the round pen. "You rest, tomorrow we will have some- fun."

A/n:
The book has been rewritten so you might need to reread the whole thing again or else you might be confused.

Horse Crazy out🐎🐎🐎🐎