#56 - Painting

#56 – Painting

The day starts by dipping the paintbrush into one of the many colors you have gathered for your big project. For a long time this idea has lingered in your mind and after a long night of debating on doing it or not with yourself, you have decided it's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do.

The image is as clear as a crystal in your head. You can even swear you have seen it picture perfect in a dream. The background of the portrait shall be dark and starry with a tint of blue in the corners. The space of the center will be shared by you and the one person you can't get out of your mind. Your heads above the middle and the lowest parts of your bodies will be the shoulders. Both of you will have the happiest smiles plastered on your faces and you don't care how many do-overs you have to go through to paint your dream perfectly.

Just as the first color starts melting into the white painting paper, the door bursts open and startles you out of your seat, leading to you planting your butt to the floor and a giant stain of color is splashed all over your soon-to-be dream come to life.

"Y/N!" The sound of a good friend is ringing in your ears, "I didn't know you were in here, wait why are you on the floor?"

"Ashton, you scared me..." You sigh before getting up and finding you seat again, "What are you doing here? I thought almost everyone had left school by now"

The boy with curly hair and broad shoulders, which are fully visible thanks to the tank shirt, takes a sit on one of the desks, "Band practice was just over and I was about to leave when I remembered I forgot something here earlier...but what are you doing here?"

"I have found some inspiration and yeah..." You fight back the grin, but the blush has already taken over cheeks. Ashton's eyes go wide as he rapidly bounces off of the desk.

"You have found inspiration to paint again! That's great new, Y/N!" Ashton beams, "You haven't painted anything for like... weeks, so I am really glad"

"Thanks Ash" You giggle, a bit surprised over how energetic and excited he got over you finally taking the brush back into your hand again.

"Can I ask what you're painting?" Ashton smiles with his cute dimples that are too hard to resist. You would rather not tell anyone, ANYONE about this. That's one of the reasons you have decided to paint after school has ended and well, you are secretly painting a romantic portrait of yourself and not only your crush, but also your best friend. That's too embarrassing to tell anyone or ever let anyone know... but, Ashton has always been a good friend and not telling a single soul would be a bit too difficult.

"If I tell you... you have to promise to not tell anyone else" You reach out your hand for him to shake, "Don't even tell anyone I have started painting again"

"Y/N, you know you can trust me" Ashton takes your hand with a firm grip, "I know Michael and the others would be glad to hear you're painting again, but well... a promise is a promise"

"Mhmm..." You mumble, feeling your heart skipping a beat just by Ashton mentioning his name, "I'm going to paint a certain person"

"Who!?" He quickly blurts out and you know better than not letting curly hair know something before he starts with his crazy game-show questioning.

"A good friend of both of us and he is-"

"Is it Michael?" Ashton interrupts you with the right answer and he doesn't even need your word to confirm it, your already tomato red face is all he needs to know the truth. However, you somehow can't completely admit it- why? Simply because it's too embarrassing.