Chapter 8: The Waiting Room

Michelle's P.O.V

We arrive at the hospital and Nicole and I go inside .
We get Michael on the way and he hugs me tightly .
I ask , " Where's Armin? Is he okay?" .

He replies , " The doctors took Armin in for immediate surgery ".

"Is it bad ?", I ask .
"I'm sorry to say but it is pretty bad , there's a chance he might have brain damage", says Michael.

Wait what!?
I really hope Armin does not have memory loss .
I mean his my friend and we just reunited this year after 3 years .

So Michael , Nicole and I wait .
And wait .

Finally after 4 hours , the doctor comes out and calls , " Who's here for Armin?" .

I raise my hand , the doctor walks towards me and says , " We have good news and bad news. Good news is that Armin will recover from his injury and unfortunately the bad news ... He has a little bit of memory loss .But not entirely, we just hope it doesn't get worse ."

My heart drops when I hear "Memory loss" .

But like the doctor said It's not entirely lost .
So we just have to hope and pray .

I ask , " May I see him please ?"
"Just one by one", replies the doctor.

I follow the doctor and my eyes widen when I see Armin's condition.

All types of pipes and machines around him , needles in him , bruises on his face and a drip full of blood .

Tears start to roll down my face , I feel guilty of this .I feel that if I had to stop the jocks from taking him outside . He wouldn't have been in this situation .

I sit down on the chair beside him.
His breathing but his not awake .

I take his hand slowly and carefully and keep it in mine.

The doctor walks in , gives me a small page and says , " We found this in the patients pocket , I think its about you ."

"Thank you" , I reply confused .

I open the page and it says the following :

Michelle , I am so sorry for hurting you and Michael last night .I don't know what got into me. The last thing I wanted was for anyone to get hurt. But the reak truth is , I love you Michelle. I was so happy when I saw you this year because I mean three years is really long .
I remember the good times we use to have and I will never forget how I met you for the first time. You sitting and swinging alone on the swing in the park and I walked over to you thinking that I would be able to get your number because you were so cute.

But instead of getting your number , I got face palmed by a swing .
You helped me up and apologised so much times .
I forgave you and then we spoke and walked around through the park.
The smile you gave me was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen .
And I truly fell in love with you.
So Michelle , that was my feelings and I hope you understand .

Lots of Love
Armin .

You know that feeling when your hearts starts beating a million miles a beat and you start heating up . That was me , tears rolling continuously down my face and I felt even more guilty now .

Michael walks in and I hide the page away quickly.

"Hey , are you alright here , I was worried about you ."

"No I'm all fine here" , I say .

I run and jump into Michael's arms and holds him tight and let down the tears .