Tech Support Writing Contest: How They Meet

Tech Support by -Lizalynn-

11:53 AM

{Please leave a message after the beep}

"Uh... Jade? I thought you said your boss would be out of town this week...

"Um...

"Call me back please."

<•>

12:32 PM

{Please leave a message after the beep}

"Ugh. Not this phone tag again Lucifer."

<•>

12:48 PM

{Please leave a message after the beep}

"Really?!"

<•>

1:16 PM

{Please leave a message after the beep}

"By the Angel, this is getting annoying Luke."

<•>

1:25 PM

"Not the phone I wanted to ring, but hello, this is Tech Support, what seems to be the problem?"

"..."

"Hello? Ma'am or sir, I can hear you breathing. Is there an issue I can help with?

"Hello?

"I'm hanging up now..."

<•>

1:45 PM

"Hello, this is Tech Suppor—"

"Jade."

"Luke? What the heck, man? Why're you calling this number again?"

"Uh... I gotta go."

"Don't you dare-!"

^call ended^

"What a jerk."

<•>

1:50 PM

"*sigh* Hello, thi—"

"~Hey, Jade, someone's trying to come in the building, says they're here for you.~"

"This is Tech Support, please hold."

"Wait!"

"Luke! I swear, if you hang up on me again-"

"No, look up."

<•>

And there he was. Or rather who she assumed was him, given that he still had a phone pressed up to his ear and his wide eyes were locked into hers.

"Please hold," she all but whispered into the phone before hanging it back up. The boy opposite her brought the phone away from his ear too.

"Jade."

"Lucifer."

He sighed. "Oh c'mon, we were having a moment!"

"What?" she laughed, "and we can't still be having one?"

Luke fake contemplated for a moment. "Come here and we'll find out." Jade stepped out around from her desk that she worked at, taking a full look at the boy that she had fallen in love with. On the outside, he didn't look overly fantastic–not saying that he was ugly, he certainly wasn't–but she knew that his personality was the real draw for her. It made her happy, really, that their relationship started by voice, because it meant that they didn't base anything on appearances.

Across the room, Luke was watching her with the same manner. Taking in his first sights of the girl that had stolen his heart, one snarky comment, reference and laugh at a time. And she was beautiful to him.

The two walked forward now, after taking in each other they locked eyes again. A wide grin broke out on Luke's face before Jade followed suit, both of them happy that they were so real, so there. Luke reached forward, pulling her into a tight hug where he hoped he conveyed all that he was feeling in this moment–happiness, relief, love. And she reciprocated those feelings, she felt the exact same way and as she hugged him back just as hard.

Suddenly, and for no reason either of them could find, they both ended up laughing. Hard laughs that made it hard to breathe, so they pulled away from their hug to try and catch their breath.

"Hey Jade?" He asked a little later as she was able to leave work early so they could go somewhere and spend time together.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

She grinned. "That sounds twelve times better in person. I love you too."