PETRICOS

01

PETRA STIRS to the smell of dirt and grime fuming around her, her senses annoyingly alive as she blinks her eyes at her surroundings, wondering where the fuck she is.

Then she remembers-she's grounded.

A groan escapes her dry lips and she forces every ounce of strength into picking herself up off the rocky concrete, and pulling herself together. Strings of curse words flood from her mouth and she looks to the skies, cursing the Gods, her family, and the dingy buildings surrounding her. She's really done it this time.

In her defense, she had no clue that Zeus was such a little bitch. As the heir to the blood-stained throne of Hades, the most precious thing in her life and the only future she could hope of possessing, she was bound to do some evil-ish things.

It's in her blood, for Hera's sake; but her father threw a fit when he caught her sleeping with nymphs, even burning up a couple cities in the process.

She could whine for hours about how she'd been seduced, how she'd been forced to tie them to the bedpost, but she knows it didn't matter, and that he had already made up his mind.

Apparently, every single God and Goddess of Olympic stature voted that she needed a little trip to earth.
Big Boy Zeus himself had declared, thunderstorms and all, that her actions were drastic and unhealthy, and not even her soft-hearted mother, Persephone, had disagreed. Thus, she was punished.

As she glances around, she begins to think that the punishment hardly fit the crime. With dim street lamps and tall, faded brick buildings at every turn, she feels trapped. it seems to be the dead of night, and she desperately hopes she can use the thick darkness to her advantage.

She's picking at her fingernails, searching her head for a sort of survival plan, when a loud bang captures her attention. Curiosity overriding common sense, she edges towards the alley where the sounds are the loudest. What she sees causes her to break out in a wide grin, her lips curling upwards in a smile.

In front of her, two dark figures are clawing at each other, shadows distorting their faces as they circle each other like lions in an arena.

Making sure to keep herself concealed behind a wall, she watches intently as the shadows punch and kick, noticing one is more agile than the other. They take calculated steps away from their challenger, something sparkling in their hand that Petra recognizes immediately.

"Oh shit," she mutters to herself, her pulse quickening. She was built for this, and she aches with longing to fight.

So, when the gun gets kicked from the fighter's fingertips, she runs for it at lightning speed, her teeth glinting in the moonlight. In a quick stride, she darts around the gunslinger and behind their attacker, the gun pressed against the back of their neck and her arm around their chest, holding them still. She expects them to plead for mercy, but they stand still, unflinching and quiet, awaiting death.

"Are you the bad guy here?" She asks the masked figure, who does not answer. She growls.

"Guess so."

Pulling the trigger always gives Petra an electric feeling of satisfaction, and this time is no different. When the blood splatters across her face and the body falls limp on the concrete, she feels at ease.

The other figure, however, looks more tense than before. Petra tosses them the gun, laughing.

"Thanks for a good time," is all she says as she wipes her bloody hands on her pants.

Shes turning on her heel to walk away when a hand catches her shoulder, spinning her around. Slowly, the figure begins to peel off their strange mask, dark curls falling out of the shiny material. It's a girl, and she isn't exactly bad-looking.

The unmasked fighter holds a gloved hand outstretched towards Petra, laughing a little when she doesn't take it.

"Don't worry," she says, hoisting the body on her shoulder. "I'm Andy; I don't bite."

Petra's eyes sparkle when the shadow tossed the body into a dumpster, clapping her hands together.

The sly goddess crosses her arms, leaning on her hip.

"Petra, and that has yet to be proven."

I'm rewriting Roman Holiday! Yay! Hopefully the rewritten version won't be so shit! Please have patience with me, as it's taking me a while to figure everything out :)