Chapter 1

~ Ten Years Earlier ~

The hospital was as busy as ever. People swarmed the normally empty halls, yet they still seemed as lifeless as always. The dull white walls seemed to scream out at Wonwoo even more than normal.

His head hung as he sat outside his mothers hospital room. It was a normal thing for him now. He often would conversation quietly with the nurses that passed by, but he longed for a friend that could really, truly understand him.

"Wonwoo-ah!" He heard someone shout from down the hallway. There was Sunni.
As usual her hair was tied to the side in a messy ponytail, her bangs framing her face, and her doe like eyes sparkling. She brought hope to them, the people at the hospital.

Even in the plain hospital gown, she still seemed to stand out. The way happiness nearly poured out of her smiles.

The small girl ran over to him, her hair bouncing behind her with every step. Her smile seemed to grow even larger as she closed in on her target if that was even possible.

"Wonwoo-ah!" She said as she hugged the petite boy. Even though he was a year older than Sunni, Wonwoo still had the body of a 8 year old. He wasn't very strong and he was incredibly thin, nearly sickly thin.

"Hi, Wonwoo!" Sunni said pulling away from him. "Will you come to the cafeteria with me?"