Career Day

Buildings collapsed and fell onto each other. One landed on Emily, almost crushing her. She lied down in the street with a building on top of her. Her mentor was dead. She had been defeated and soon everyone in the world would be too. But would it be a big deal? If their lives are so meaningless, why should she care? She thought to herself, perhaps the point is to let them perscribe their own definition to their lives even though, in the bigger picture, there is no meaning.
   She tossed the building off of herself and stood up. She was going to annihilate this threat to her people. The Being was waiting for her. Emily launched at him with all her force and they both went flying into a building. He and Emily stood up on the 13th floor. "Who are you?" She asked. "What is your problem?"
   "Torjack is my name, you wield my title. That is my problem." He replied. He formed a fist and prepared to fight Emily, but suddenly, a man in a trench coat shot Torjack in the chest with what looked like a hand cannon. He was blown through the side of the building. The man looked at Emily. "I've been saving civilians with that other guy. Take care of the problem already. Don't worry about pedestrians, we're taking care of it. Here's my card."
He said, handing her a card with a number and address. "Wait, what? Who are you? What the hell are you doing? How big are your balls where you can just shoot a large grey man in plated armor?"
"No time, sorry!" He jumped out of the window, startling Emily. She looked out the hole in the wall as he ran down the road. She looked at the card and shifted it into her gauntlet. Emily jumped down and faced Torjack in the road. Red blood oozed from where the man shot him. "Do you really think you'll defeat me?" He said, almost bored by the situation. "Do you really believe that? I've already killed your mentor. I've killed beings you've never dreamed of, and you think that you can beat me on your own? Just give up. I wish to reprise my role as Protecter. I don't wish to hurt you, but Geothos stole my position from me."
"Keep dreaming." She replied. Emily punched him in the face as hard as she could and then threw him into the stratosphere. She shot a plasma beam at him but as it reached him, he formed his own and shot it. Inches away from his face the beams collided. The beams clashed for a few moments too long, creating a black hole.
Torjack thrusted back to the Earth. He formed a plasma shield and tried to contain the black hole. Torjack was sucked in. He screamed in pain but disappeared into the darkness. Emily quickly formed a plasma shield and tried to contain the hole as well. It expanded much larger than Torjack's. She squeezed the plasma shield and crushed the black hole down until it was gone. She looked around. She was in Bone City. It was absolutely demolished. She was surrounded by rubble and destruction, but no casualties could be seen. The man with the gun escorted the citizens back into the city, and Emily helped everyone clean up the rubble. It took days since Emily has such powerful abilities.
    Emily returned to the ship. There was to be a funeral for Geothos and then a ceremony, as she would soon take her place as protected of the universe. Tcha and Xshy said their farewells, and then Geothos was cremated. Emily sat down in her new throne and thought about Geothos. How he fought many enemies of the realm and protected so many innocents. He was truly an honorable alien man thing. Unless he wasn't. What if Torjack was right? What if Geothos was actually an ambitious villain? Nevertheless, Emily was excited to start defending people's personal meanings they perscribe to the universe.
     In a dark void of space, Torjack was planning to come back and take back his rightful position by force.