38. " Strategy Meeting "

Start from the beginning

"Then how?"

"I have a theory, if it turns out that I'm right.... then everyone here may be able to do it as well.", Yuuki said.

She throws a paper talisman at the Chained Hollow and a blue energy-like threads binds it. She turns her attention back to Momo with a serious look on her face.

"Hina.... That time when you managed to injure Michiru, what were you feeling? What was on your mind the moment you fired?"

"Well... I was only thinking of protecting Shiro-chan that time that I didn't managed to feel anything but to protect and help him.", Momo said as she blushes a bit.

"I see.... then do you trust me?"

"Of course I do!"

"If I tell you to strike down that Chained Hollow with everything you got , will you do it?"

"Yes!", Momo firmly said.

"All right then.... the binds won't hold it for much longer... you can do it.", Yuuki said and smiles.

Momo nods in confidence.

"Hajike, Tobiume."

She jumps to the air and fires at the Chained Hollow with everything she got. A wall of smoke formed and everyone waits in anxiety for it to clear. Momo sheathes her sword with a confident look on her face. As the smoke clears, the Chained Hollow was already on the ground turning into ash.

"I did it....", Momo mumbled. "I mean I know I can do it when you told me that I can."

"Yes you did!", Yuuki happily said.

They raise both their hands and did a double high-five. Rangiku didn't fail to notice Toushiro's smile as he looks at the two. Shunshui cleared his throat to gain their attention.

"It's great that you girls are happy when you killed it and all... but you still need to explain to us what just happened.", he said.

"Ah! S-Sorry... well you see... the basic of purifying people who got corrupted is to think and feel positive emotions like compassion, trust, love, hope or even confidence. That will be converted into an invisible energy that can be passed onto others. When Grandma Farah told me about your battle, I came up with a theory that if a person were to do the same and channel that positive energy onto their blades then they may be able to cut down Shadows or Chained Hollows. Hina just proved that theory, she really did trust me and confidently cuts down that Chained Hollow. Normally when people face up againts opponents they know they can't beat, they usually feel hopeless, scared or diffident. That negative energy is what makes the Chained Hollows stronger. ", Yuuki explained.

"I see... but these Shadows you keep on talking about. What are they really?"

"They are fragments of the Abyss, the embodiment of all negative emotions. My mother once told me, a long time ago that the Abyss didn't exists. The Soul Society and the Human world were more peaceful back then. Until a great war happened thousands of years ago, a battle between humans, the very first war that's ever known. That war gave birth to chaos, famine and plagues, basically humans almost wiped themselves out to extinction. Souls and humans alike felt great pain and suffering. Fear, anger, sadness, despair covered both entire worlds. The negative feelings and emotions were so overwhelming that it manifested itself into a different world and the Abyss was born."

"I remember reading something like that in the history records. The humans even after they became souls continued to suffer as they were still haunted by their memories when they were still alive.", Jushiro said.

"If the Abyss is the embodiment of all negative emotions then why not fight it with the opposite force? That's what I thought. Luckily, it turned out to be right.", Yuuki said.