Chapter Twelve: Preparation Can Suck

(Y/N)'s P.O.V ( don't worry I will go back to gee's P.O.V for a little bit in this chapter)

I love him. I love him so damn much. 

So much that it physically pains me sometimes to think of how much I love him. 

I've been with him for so long I will technically qualify him as my family. 

For years we've been together. Years. 

I look around the house that we've  owned for years now. I remember the day we signed the papers to get this house. The day we moved in. The joy we both felt. That was all just a few years ago. Look at how far we've both gotten. Together. 

And now what? We are still together and I want to be this way forever. But even after all of this time... He hasn't asked me to marry him. 

I immediately push that thought out of my head because honestly I can't think about that right now. I am supposed to be getting ready for tonight. The night we celebrate our anniversary. The night we share our love for each other. 

And the night we see if Iron Man or Captain America win this Marvel version of Batman v Superman. (NO spoilers of what happens don't worry. Btw has anyone seen it yet?) 

Getting ready isn't too hard. Simple makeup should do for tonight. And maybe a dress with some leggings. But we're going to see a movie...

Maybe I'll just wear some skinny jeans with a nice black tank top and a dark blue sweater. Not too elaborate but still nice. Casual. 

I really like it. 

I pick up my phone and text Gee. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Gerard's P.O.V.) 

"No Mikey for the last time I am not going to do that. That's my final answer. No." I say.

"Come on. I think setting off a cannon full of roses in (Y/N)'s direction when she walks in the room is romantic So romantic." Mikey argues.

"If I did that the roses would all prick her to death." I argue back. "And that is the last thing I want to do is hurt her. Especially on the night I ask her to marry me. Come on dude."

"Sorry it was just a suggestion."

"A suggestion that could send (Y/N) to the Emergency Room. Again.  And once again that is the last thing I want on the night I ask her to marry her. If that happens I won't even to be able to ask her." 

"Sorry bro. Anyway how are you going to pop the question? Like are you going to ask her out of nowhere or do you have a plan?"

Obviously I have a plan. 

"Yeah I have a plan. But it involves.... Oh wait a second. (Y/N) just texted me."

(Y/N): Hey I know you're busy but I just want to say I can't wait for tonight. I love you.

I smile. The little things like this is one of the reasons I want her to be mine for the rest of my life. 

ME: Me neither. See you later.

There. That should be enough for now. Right?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Back to (Y/N)'s P.O.V.)

As I wait for Gee to come back I listen to Twenty One Pilots hoping that will help the time pass quicker. Unsurprisingly It does help. Listening to the lyrics of that amazing music helps pass the time. 

That's good because I don't know if I can contain my excitement for tonight any longer. 

Tonight is going to be a good one. I will be sure of that. 

I get a text from Frank which is a relief because he has my present for Gee. I got him a new guitar.  

Frank: Do you want me to drop off the guitar?

Me: Yeah that would be great

Frank: Okay I'll be there in the next fifteen minutes

Me: Perfect 

Great I'll have something to do while I wait for Gerard to pick me up. And then i realize I really can't do anything with the guitar so I decide on just listening to my playlist of songs until its time to leave.

And just like Frank said fifteen minutes later he pulled into our driveway. 

"Hey thanks for holding onto this for me. I don't think I can any other place to hide it. We go over to Ray's and Mikey's house  too much. And if I hid it in the house Gee would most likely find it." I tell him.

"Hey it was no problem.  I owe you a favor anyway." He answers as he hands me the guitar. The black, sleek, shiny new guitar. "Hey how are you going to surprise him with it?"

"Well I can't wrap it so I think I'll bring him inside right before we leave. I think It'll surprise him anyway." 

"Yeah it will. What made you get him a guitar though?" Frank asks me.

"Well..." I say "He's been saying that his old one doesn't work anymore so... I saw the perfect  chance. Plus this one was for sale. Perfect timing if you ask me." 

"Absolutely perfect timing." He agrees. 

"Well thanks again for holding onto this. I'll see you later." I say. 

"Wait (Y/N)!" Frank says as I start to turn around. 

"Yeah?"

"Just know that if you need anything else... ever... you can come to me."

"Thanks. I really appreciate that. Look I really have to go. I'll see you around. Bye." I turn around and walk away before things start to get more awkward than they already are. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N. Hey guys its me again just wanted to say I hope you guys like this chapter and Thank all of you guys for 1.2k reads. A lot of you suggested Gerard's P.O.V. so in (just about) every chapter after this I will find a way to work Gerard's P.O.V. into the chapters. Also if there are any other P.O.V.'s you guys would like to see please just let me know and I'll see what I can do-E