Chapter Ten: Part Two

A.N. Okay guys so I decided that I wanted to make this chapter a two part chapter because I wanted to make these two chapters about the funeral- E

 The ceremony seemed to go on for a million years. I don't even feel like that's an exaggeration by the time I have to give mine.  I slowly walk up to the small mahogany podium hoping that I don't cry. Even though we all know that I will. 

The podium has a small bouquet of roses (like the ones that surround her casket only they are black and are most likely fake) that make the event seem even more real.

As I walk past all of these filled chairs a flood of memories rushes into my brain. Suddenly without notice I am up in front of the crowd. Almost all eyes are on me. I firmly grasp the little folded piece of paper that was supposed to be my eulogy to Jenna and secretly stick it in a hidden pocket that is barely noticeable to anyone. They would have to look closely to actually find it. 

I make eye contact with Katie for a few seconds before I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and begin to speak from the heart instead of from a script. 

"Now I know all of you knew Jenna. That's obviously why you're all here." I start.

But her asshole brother (Jacob I think his name is I never really bothered to learn it) had to be an ass. 

"Obviously (Y/N)." He says in a sarcastic tone. 

"Hey look I'm trying to find a way to start the speech. I'd love to see you try." I sarcastically say back. 

"Well maybe I will. HI MY NAME IS (Y/N) AND I AM SO SAD THAT MY OLD BFF DIED." Ugh I really hate him. 

"Listen... If you won't be respectful then leave!" I demand. 

"Nah." Is all he says in response 

"Then... As I was saying it is really unfortunate that we all had to be here toda-"

"No its not. I got the day off from work because of this." He rudely cuts in.

"You know what? I'm done. I'm sorry I can't. Look all I have to say is that Jenna should have never died in the first place." I say quickly before Jacob can interrupt again. 

After that I'm done and I leave. I give Katie a quick glance before I leave and just run. Tears silently run down my face. He's so stupid. He has no freaking idea the affect he can have on some people. (including me)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gee followed me to the car. Should known that he would follow me back. 

"He is such a dumb fuck." I whisper through my tears. "He needs to shut up! He doesn't know when or how to keep his mouth shut! Ugh... Its not worth it." I say louder and clearer as I rest my head against the car seat.

"You're right (Y/N). It isn't worth it. But you know that he's just trying to pick at you until you break right?" He asks me.

"Yeah I do. I can't give him the satisfaction." I agree. 

"There you go. Hey I noticed that you put your eulogy in your pocket before you spoke. Why?"

"I wanted to say something that came from the heart. Those are the kinds of things I think she would have wanted. "

"But after all of that time and effort you put into that eulogy I at least deserve to know what you actually wrote on that paper." That's right. He never did see that eulogy. I grab the folded paper from my pocket. I quickly smooth out the folded piece of paper and read its contents. 

           (We unfortunately have to be here today, in memorial of the  sister, daughter, and friend  named Jenna Williams. 

Now we were all lucky enough to know her. She was a blessing to all of us in one way or another. She put others before herself  and that (in my opinion) was one of her best qualities. Other than making everyone laugh even in the darkest times. She could make a room lighten up with just one look. 

But her number one trait that had always made me admire her was loyalty. 

Even if it terribly inconvenienced her she was there and loyal to her friends. So if you don't mind I would like to give an example in the form of a story. We all know Jenna was a nurse for her profession, and this is where the story takes place.  

One day our friend Janet was going into labor Jenna left her job (with the risk of getting fired) and came to the other hospital where Janet gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby girl now named Caroline. 

The day I found out about her death was terrible. I was outside for a good majority of that day so I didn't have my phone on me. Gerard himself had to tell me. I was absolutely crushed.

We had done everything together. Graduated, gone to prom, and much more. (It would take too long to name everything) But you get the idea. 

Together we mourn and remember for not just her, but her family. Thank you. - (Y/N)) 

"Here." I say as I hand him the paper. 

Once he's done he hands me back the paper. 

And squeezes my hand.

"I honestly didn't see any need for not using that." He says in reply. "It was perfect the way it was."

A.N. Hey guys so yes I know its a two part chapter. And I am sorry if that made anyone mad or upset but I felt like it was the right thing to do. Please don't expect this many updates every week because I was on vacation this week so I actually had time to work on this stuff. But Do expect me to update more often now that I have a big plan for the book! Also thanks for all of the views, comments,  and votes that are coming in with every new chapter! - Emma