Chapter Twenty One: Unexpected Meetings

Start from the beginning

"I got the same text." He got out his phone and showed it to me. "I think the person wanted to get my attention. I understand why they called me here but I don't understand why they have to involve you. You have nothing to do with this," He started pacing back and forth while running a hand through his perfect hair. I've never seen him look so...defeated and freaked out before. I mean this guy always tries to act cool about everything. But recently I've been seeing a new side of him, the more real side. Right now he isn't being cocky, arrogant, or annoying, he's just being a normal human being who is going through something tough. I want to be able to help him but I can't if I'm always being left out.

"You know you could tell me what's going on. I could help, please just give me a chance." I said sincerely. I don't get why they're treating me like I'm a baby. I'm an adult, I've had to grow up faster than other people. He looked hesitant for a moment as if deciding if he should tell me or make up some lame excuse as to why I should still be kept in the dark. "What do you do when you feel helpless?" He looked me in the eyes, making my heart skip a beat.

"I pray," I responded. "I pray for guidance and patience."

"I'm going to need a lot of both of those right now."

"You s-" I stopped talking once I saw the man from the other day walking towards us. I probably looked freaked out because the moment Adam saw my face he looked alarmed. "Zamzam, what's wrong?" He said worriedly and turned around. By the time I was about to reply Scar-face was already standing right in front of us. "I see you both came." He gave us both a crooked smile. His breath smelt strongly of cigarettes and alcohol. Ew I think I'm about to puke.

Adam immediately stood beside me as if preparing to shield me at any moment. What is he doing!? I can take care of myself. "Who are you?" Adam asked angrily. Scar-face looked him up and down before replying. "I'm not the person who sent the text to you guys. I'm just the messenger here to say that we're not the bad guys. The real bad guy is your father and we just want to take him down. We just wanted to scare you guys a little bit so we could catch your attention. I can't tell you who my partner in crime is just yet but trust me when I say it's for your own good. I'm just here to say that you," He turned to Adam this time. "and your friends need to stop what you're doing. You guys are interfering with our plans."

Okay, now I'm completely lost. What did Adam's dad have to do with any of this? Before we could ask further questions he was already gone as if he was never here to begin with. I turned to Adam who looked as if he just saw a ghost. "I think I know who's helping him." He said realization. "It's my mom..."

Adam Mathews

Of course! That made perfect sense. Why else would she be here? She wants to take down my father and take her life back. I can't believe I'm just now realizing it. "W-What? I thought you said your mom left you?" Zamzam looked completely and utterly confused. "I can't tell you everything I'm sorry." I snapped back to my senses and proceeded to walk to my car but was stopped when she grabbed my hand. "Stop! Okay just stop. Don't you see I'm already involved!? I don't see why you can't tell me." She shouted angrily.

I turned around to face her. This time when I looked at her face I saw hurt in her eyes. There it is again...I felt what I felt last time once again. I don't know why I'm feeling like this. My heart started to beat faster than usual and for the first time in my life I felt nervous. After realizing she was holding my hand, she pulled away.

"You could trust me."

"Okay." I let out a sigh of defeat. I know Isa is going to kill me later because of this but how could I say no? I told her about my dad, how he drove my mother away, threatened to kill her, how he sent his men after her and the part about him selling drugs. After I was done she looked completely mortified.