Chapter Four: Visiting The Homeless

"It's so weird, all of my life I've always just been given stuff and these people strive for it

"It's so weird, all of my life I've always just been given stuff and these people strive for it." -Adam Mathews, IASWAD.

CHAPTER FOUR: Visiting The Homeless

Adam Mathews

So this is what she wants to do? Make me visit the homeless? Please! Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for them and everything but did she really think that'll make me change? Anyways it wouldn't even matter if it did... Because I am going to win this bet.

You're on scarfy, I thought to myself with a smirk. This should be interesting...

* * *

"Adam!" Alex hollered as he walked up to me. "What's up bro?" I responded draping an arm over his shoulder. Alex here has been my best friend since elementary school. We were really close when we were little but then I moved in the 10th grade and stayed gone until my dad relocated us back to Brooklyn a month ago. "I'm having a party tomorrow and you have to come!"

"Wouldn't miss it." I replied with a chuckle. This guy is always having parties and since his parents aren't ever here he gets away with it. His parties are always the best. "Good, you better not. Also I hope you don't mind but I invited Kathie."

I immediately felt a pang in my chest at the mention of her name. No, Adam don't think of her! I shook my head and smiled. "That's okay." I replied as cool as possible. I can handle her being there...I can. "Cool. I thought you would probably freak out."

Me? Freak out? Yea right, like she meant that much to me. Didn't she? The annoying voice in the back of my head wouldn't shut up. No. She didn't mean that much to me. She couldn't have... "It's whatever bro."

"What's whatever?" A familiar girly voice said from behind me. Kathie walked up to us with a smile on her face. I cleared my throat and turned away from her. "Nothing. It was nothing."

Scarfy: Come on! My brother and I are waiting for you.

"I'll see you later." I patted Alex on his back and quickly walked away from them. Right then I couldn't be more happier that I had plans with Scarfy. Remind me to thank her later. But for now I'm really nervous to go to a homeless shelter. I've never been there before so I don't know what to expect. Pretty soon I noticed her and some tall guy whom I guess is her brother, standing by a black Camry. I cleared my throat, making them both of them turn to me. I plastered on a smirk, "So are we going now?" I asked as I walked their way.

"Yes also we won't work on our project today. Oh and this is Isa," She introduced the guy who looked like he was shooting daggers at me with his eyes. What the hell is his problem? He nodded his head at me and I returned the favor. He obviously hates my guts. I guess both siblings aren't really fond of me. "Let's go." Scarfy said as she started walking. I'm guessing this homeless shelter isn't too far from our school. I hesitantly started to follow her and her brother wherever they were going.