000

i can breathe.

i gasped for air as i rose from the coffin that i had been in for god knows how long. my eyes scanned the room. "this is definitely not the 1300's." i said as my eyes locked with a peculiar gadget on the wall. nonetheless, i was alive. someone had pulled the dagger from my heart. 

when everything sunk in, my memories came flying back. i could remember when elijah, niklaus and i would play when we were just boys. then i also remember my mother casting a spell on us to make us vampires to assure a safe and long living life — not going well so far — and i remember when niklaus had killed lindsay, the love of my life, by putting a stake through her heart and burning her dead corpse. when nik put that dagger through my heart, that's the pain i felt when i watched her die. that's how much it hurt. although, i'm actually kind of glad he killed me, because i wouldn't have lasted a week without lindsay. i would've been dead, like actually dead — which is sort of impossible.

i jumped out of the coffin as quick as i can and ran straight into the colossal house where i saw a familiar blonde figure. she turned around and said, "hello brother," rebekah greeted with a heart warming smile. as glad as i was to see her, i'll make more quality time for her later. but for now, i wanted to find that monster. "where is niklaus?" i asked eagerly, not acknowledging her presence. "lovely to see you too, kol." she rolled her eyes and completely disregarded my question. "answer me rebekah. where is niklaus?" i asked again. my blood was boiling just beneath the surface, and at anytime i could explode with anger and fear. he killed me. he had the guts to kill his own brother; to stab a silver dagger through my heart. "bloody hell rebekah! can you not hear me?" i yelled at my sister who was just staring at me blankly. "oh no i heard you. i'm just not telling you." she smirked. of course, niklaus made Rebekah his bitch. wherever he goes, she follows. "i don't have time for this rebekah. have you forgotten that he stabbed you too? or has he been forgiven for it?" i crossed my arms over my chest. i could really use a shower. "i don't know where he is, okay? i would bloody love to kill him too." rebekah confessed as her temper skyrocketed. i huffed, "i'm gonna go look for him then."

we had entered the small pub entitled rousseau's, lame. rebekah and i searched the place, but niklaus was no where to be found. "he's not here." i grunted and my sister sighed. "let's look elsewhere." she suggested and i nodded in agreement. as we were about to leave the small suffocating pub, rebekah stopped. "lindsay..." she muttered. i furrowed my brows as her name sent chills down my spine. "what?" i questioned, but rebekah didn't turn around to face me. i looked at her direction. a woman―lindsay was standing before us. i was in utter shock. how is she alive? i opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. i was a loss for words. "lindsay, you're alive." rebekah stated and lindsay tucked her hair behind her ear like she always did. "i'm sorry, what?" she said. hearing the sound of her sweet voice made my stomach turn. i haven't heard such peace in so long.

"my name is lara." she remarked confusedly. i heaved a sigh. it was too good to be true. "my mistake." rebekah said in disappointment. "i'm going back to the house." she said without looking at me and turned around to leave; i nodded at my sister as she walked out of the pub. i was so close to this girl, lara, it almost felt like lindsay was there with me. i mean, they do have the same face and body...but we'll see if she's got the same attitude. "lara, is it?" i questioned the brunette with a smile. "indeed, and you are?" she asked, her blue eyes locking with my brown ones, i smirked. "kol mikaelson. how bout i buy you a drink?" i offered and she smiled instantly. we walked over to the bar and i ordered us two tequilas. "do you drink tequila?" i asked as she sat down next to me. she even sits like lindsay. "do you really think i'd be here if i didn't?" lara fired back and i chuckled. she had humor, something lindsay also had.

she smiled. her smile lit up my world. who knew a complete stranger could make me feel like i was so in love all over again?