Chapter 2: Brothers and best friends

Start from the beginning

"Do you both understand?" Mr. Rodgers' voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I began slowly nodding my head. I had no idea what he had said previously but then I looked at Danny and noticed that he was nodding his head as well. The late bell rang and I couldn't have been happier that it had.

"Good. Now off to class before you're marked absent Ms. Williams. And no more surprises like this understood" he began writing me a note to give to my teacher.

"Yes sir"

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and pulled Danny with me out of the room as I grabbed the note Mr. Rodgers had written.

"What did you say to him to let you stay?" I asked when we were finally out of the main office building.

"I told him the truth; that I was your best friend and you wanted me to go too school with you since I live in a different state. Didn't you hear me?"

"No I kind of zoned out a few minutes into the lecture and if I remember correctly, you begged me to come."

"Pfft. Don't act like you didn't want me to come." Danny said as he slung his right arm across my shoulders. I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything else as Danny and I walked to my first period class. Yuck Science. The hallways were empty except for a few stragglers that were rushing to class.

"Hey why was he calling you Ms. Williams? Unless you suddenly had your last name changed and decided not to tell me..." Danny questioned suddenly.

"At school it's Abigail Williams," I whispered "wouldn't want Michael to be able to find me that easily would we?"

"Oh okay. But why not change your first name too?"

"I tried that a couple of years ago remember? I told everyone my name was Veronica. I never answered to it when my teachers called my name and my brothers always forgot what it was." I was becoming irritated. Why did my best friend -only friend- have to be so damn forgetful?

"I remember!" Danny exclaimed "That one teacher called your brothers and they had no fucking clue who Veronica was or what she was talking about!"

I rolled my eyes and continued walking with Danny to my first period. Damn it I was already late and Mr. Carpenter was such an ass.

Being the gentleman that he is; Danny opened the door for me with his left hand, keeping his right arm around my shoulders. When we entered the classroom everyone's heads snapped towards us. I swore I saw some girls gape at Danny, but that might just be my imagination.

"Your late Ms. Williams." Mr. Carpenter, my chemistry teacher barked out.

Well no shit Sherlock.

"Yes I understand sir. My apologies." I handed him the note that Mr. Rodgers had given me.

"And who is this?" Mr. Carpenter grunted in distain whilst pointing to Danny.

"A friend of mine from out of town sir. I believe it is written on the note that he will be attending school with me today." I gestured towards the note that he had neglected to read.

I swear, if I wasn't at school and he wasn't my teacher, I would be groaning and rolling my eyes at his teacher's ignorance.

"You and your boy toy may take a seat there." Mr. Carpenter read the note quickly and then pointed to a lab station in the back. Two chairs were behind the decent sized black table.

Danny gripped my shoulder lightly and then sucked in a breath. He thought I was going to do something? At school? Ha, I already knew that Mr. Carpenter was an asshole. I wasn't going to ruin the whole good girl thing I had going on just to punch a teacher. Right?