Chapter 5: Red Shirts

It was Saturday and there was no school today. I've always liked school but I've been liking it more these days. I know, it's totally cliche and all, but school was fun now. Yes, I've always liked going to school cause I actually did like to study and all, but now, I've been looking forward to school because it's fun.
Am I rambling too much? Yes.
So, I decided to do what I loved most: watch TV all day. I lazed around all day while my parents were at work. I really did enjoy being home alone. It's one of the unspoken pleasures of life. I watched hopeless romantic movies and had the time of my life. Around five o' clock, my parents returned and I decided to go off and study. It seemed like a pretty normal day.
Then, like every Saturday, we went out to eat. I got dressed, and as usual, I put in a lot of effort to it. After a couple of changes, I finally decided to wear a white lace shirt with ripped jeans and white wedges. I must admit, I looked good. We had a reservation at a restaurant called Hibiscus. I had never been there, but it was pretty close to my house. We got there and sat at our table and waited for the menu cards. Then, as I looked around and saw the doors open, I saw Caleb and his family walk in. I swear, at that instance, my eyes went wider than an owl's.
Was this really happening?
They came inside and sat at their table. It was sort of close, but the way they were sitting, I couldn't really see Caleb. I was completely okay with that. I really did not need to be seen gaping at his face in front of my parents. The image of him walking in, however, just wouldn't leave my mind. He had walked in with ever so casual stride. He was putting away his headphones into his pocket, so I don't think he saw me. He was wearing a red shirt and blue jeans. He had a playful smile etched across his lips and his eyes truly did twinkle under the light. His parents were tall, so now I understood where he got his height from. It was all really surreal.
During dinner, I walked up to the washrooms just because I liked to walk around. So I went there and seconds later, Caleb walked in. Yes. Caleb walked in.
"Hey there. What're you doing here?" He asked.
"Hello. Well, I am at a restaurant, I thought it was a dead giveaway. What brings you here?"
"My daddy's friend told him about this place. He said it has really nice vegetarian food. So, here we are."
"You're vegetarian?" I said with my mouth open in surprise.
"Yeah, I eat meat though." then, putting a finger to my lips, "don't tell my parents"
"I gotta go." I said in haste and walked away.
Did he have to do that thing were he works his charm on me and I become an awkward weirdo? Especially with my and his parents in the vicinity? I guess it's a compulsive habit for him.
I returned to my parents and tried to make the evening go as normal as it could. It isn't really becoming for the bad boys to talk to the "normal" girls. Or maybe it was the new trend?
The food at this restaurant, the non-veg food, was not all that great. It was actually pretty bad to be honest. Everything tasted the same and it wasn't a good taste either. So after we had dinner and the bill was paid, my parents and I got up to leave. The Shaw family was still there. As we were walking out the door, I turned back to have one last look at him. To my surprise, he was looking straight at me. I smiled a shy smile and walked out.
What a day. What a day. I had never expected this day to turn out like this. Who would've imagined that a normal little day like this could have such a plot twist towards the end. I guess this goes to say that anything really is possible.
When I got home and got ready for bed, I was smiling the whole time.
I really had no words to explain the feeling I was feeling. I was happy, I was surprised, I felt special, I felt the butterflies in my stomach every time I thought about this evening and it felt so good. Today was one of the really good days. It was a different kind of happy that I was feeling and I liked it.
Am I rambling too much? Yes.
So I headed to bed with a happy happy smile. Just like that, after a long time, I went to bed with a smile on my face. No, I wasn't sad all the time to not go to bed happy; but my life was not so exciting that I'd have reasons to go to bed happy. Everyday was the same. But these days, it seemed like each day really was different.

A.N:
So I know this is a late update, but I figure no one reads this book so it won't really matter. If anyone is reading. Please do vote and comment. Please. It means a lot to me.
Thanks!