Chapter 2: Silent Meetings

We were walking around the empty corridors like we really didn't have any classes to be in. Then, he pushed through the doors to the library and walked around the isles. I followed silently, it was quite weird for me; I never bunked classes. Then he pretended to pick out a book and asked me,
"I heard you're pretty talkative. How come you never talked to me?"
"I talk. A lot. I just assumed I'm not the person you would want to talk to." I replied feeling completely normal now. Talking was my forte.
He nodded silently. "Well, don't hold back now. I didn't go through all this trouble for nothing."
I tilted my head confusedly. I shrugged and said, "What trouble? I thought you wanted to get out of class for yourself. I wanted to stay in class. Even though I talk a lot, it doesn't mean I'm not listening.." I looked around to see he wasn't there anymore. I scowled and looked around and found him sitting on one of the couches there. He was looking at me and laughing uncontrollably. Great, I just made a fool of myself in front of the coolest kid.
I walked up to him and said, "I don't understand why that was so funny. What you did was rude and mean and.." Suddenly I was silenced as he put his finger on my lips.
"It's a library. Watch your voice, girl." He whispered with a smirk on his face. He got up to get a magazine and left me standing there.
I closed my eyes and bit my lip. And again, just like that, he had me by his charisma.
I loved talking, but with him I could barely talk. What was going on?
He came over and asked me, "Do you like photography?"
"Yeah, sorta. I take pictures on my phone. They're okay pictures, I mean they're mostly selfies. I like having pictures taken and all. It's.." Silenced by the finger again
"A yes or no would've sufficed." He smirked again. Was he enjoying this?
I kept silence and then he continued , "Come, I'll show you something." He said with his eyes twinkling. I could sense this was something he really enjoyed.
We walked out of the library and into the darkroom of our school. He led me in and went to a cubby. It had "Shaw" written on it and had about the largest stack of negatives and pictures. He shuffled through and showed me a one picture.