Thranduil's concerns

Começar do início

"Are you sure," he asked his father.

Thranduil nodded, "Absolutely."

"Maybe Tinnueth needs more time with you," Legolas asked cautiously.

Thranduil shook his head, "No. Galadriel has said that all will be well."

Legolas left the study to deliver the joyful message to Esteleth. She sat at a large table which had been placed in her room, sewing busily on a small tunic as Legolas came in. Surprised by his late visit she looked up.

"Something happened," she asked curiously when she saw the happiness in Legolas' eyes.

The prince approached her slowly.

"You seem to be in your element," he commented.

She smiled and her fingers ran over the soft fabric.

"It is something special to be allowed to make this myself," she said and looked up at Legolas.

"I know that my next words will make you very happy," said the prince.

Esteleth looked at him with great curiosity.

"My father just told me that I should invite your families tomorrow. He wishes that they will come here as soon as possible. My father would like that they will stay until the wedding. Then we
both will accompany them back north."

Esteleth looked at Legolas speechless before she jumped up and threw her arms around his neck.

"Is that true," she cried in disbelief.

"Of course, why would I say it, if it wasn't true," said Legolas. "It was my father's idea. I think that the conversation with Lady Galadriel has influenced his decision."

Esteleth kissed Legolas before she took a parchment and quill.

"Here, you can write the invitations now, so that the messenger can depart early in the morning," she said enthusiastically.

The prince sat down and began to write the invitations while Esteleth could not contain her excitement.

*****

"Are you serious," asked Tinnueth surprised.

Thranduil nodded, "Yes, I have asked Legolas to write the invitations."

Tinnueth embraced Thranduil and nestled her cheek against his broad chest.

"Thank you," she said softly.

He stroked her back gently and smiled as he enjoyed the joy that radiated from her. It was a rare and welcome change.

-Three month later-

"I look ridiculous," complained Esteleth, as she eyed herself in the mirror.

"Now, stop fussing around you look beautiful," said Tinnueth while eyeing her friend.

Esteleth smirked and looked at Tinnueth. She had changed. The presence of her family had helped her a lot. Last night, Thranduil had to bring her home when it was dark, because Tinnueth had been with her family in the forest until after nightfall. They had been in direct vicinity of the palace, but it was a significant improvement.

"Are you nervous," asked Esteleth.

Tinnueth looked at her friend in surprise.

"No, why should I be nervous," she asked.

"Well, you're getting married tomorrow and thus will not only become Thranduil's wife but also the queen."

Tinnueth eyed herself thoughtfully in the mirror and then shook her head.

"What has changed," she asked, looking at Esteleth. "Not much. With Thranduil by my side nothing can happen to me," she said, while a maid helped her to undress her wedding gown.

Esteleth eyed herself in the mirror again, as she thought deeply. Did she feel the same with Legolas? No, but not in a negative sense. Her relationship with the prince had developed differently than the relationship between Thranduil and Tinnueth. Esteleth did not have the need to feel protected, but she knew that Legolas would always protect her. She let her dress slide over her shoulders and pulled on another dress before she went to Tinnueth, who sat at a small table in the sewing room.

"Have you ever thought, what will happen after the wedding," she asked with a lowered voice so that no one would hear.

"Yes, you and Legolas are riding north and Thranduil will again pursue his royal duties."

Esteleth rolled her eyes. "No, I mean, after the ceremony."

"Yes, there is a great feast, then .. oh," said Tinnueth and looked at Esteleth. "You mean ...," she blushed and looked quickly to the floor. "No, I prefer not to think about it. Otherwise I will find no rest."

Esteleth grinned and rubbed her forehead.

"I feel the same, but I can not help myself, I keep thinking about it."

"Excited," asked Galadriel and scared both ellith.

Tinnueth and Esteleth stood up and bowed to the Lady of Light.

"Yes," answer the ellith in unison.

Galadriel eyed them with a smile on the lips and sat down on a chair next to the table.

"You will see that there is no reason to be worried."

Esteleth gazed nervously to the floor. "Um, I have to go," she said, and quickly left the sewing room.

Galadriel's eyes followed her and she turned to Tinnueth.

"You had a hard time here, would you reverse the time, if you had the chance to do so."

Tinnueth thought about Galadriel's words.

"No," she finally answered hesitantly. "I have sometimes thought about it. But now I'm sure that everything is as it should be," she said, while rubbing the scar on her hand.

Galadriel watched her gesture and grabbed Tinnueth's hand. Her slender fingers ran over the scar and began gently to massage it.

"It will get better. You will soon no longer feel it," said Galadriel softly.

Tinnueth nodded silently.

"Do you know what happened to your finger," said Galadriel.

Tinnueth sighed.

"It was probably eaten by the orcs," she said softly. "Just as the majority of the two brothers bodies were eaten."

Galadriel felt the horror which spread through Tinnueth's being and was horrified that Tinnueth thought something like this. Why had Thranduil not spoken to her about it?

"Legolas found your finger in the forest," she said.

Tinnueth looked up in surprise.

"He had given it to Thranduil, who has buried it in the palace garden. Has nobody told you that?"

"No," replied Tinnueth. The oppressive feeling in their fëa seemed to lessen. Her finger had not been eaten. The memories came back and currently Tinnueth saw the orcs as they ate greedily from
the flesh of the brothers.

"Do not allow these memories to be present in your life," said Galadriel and placed a hand on Tinnueth's shoulder.

"This is not easy," replied Tinnueth.

Galadriel nodded.

"I know this, but know that there will be new experiences in your life, which will replace the old ones. Very soon, you will have no more time to think about the dark days."

Galadriel looked at Tinnueth meaningfully and slowly stood up.

"I'll give you time for the final preparations. Tomorrow's your big day."

Tinnueth's glanced followed Galadriel when she graceful left the sewing room.

"Tomorrow is my day," muttered Tinnueth and smiled.