That was exactly how my pack worked. Jasmine and Daniel were a true testament to that.

I perked up instantly at how that mere thought of him didn’t seem to bother me anymore. Was it true? Was I completely free of him now? I could only hope.

Then another thought crossed my mind. What was Daniel doing? How did he handle me being marked by someone else? Did it affect him? Did it cause him pain? I had the same thoughts about Jasmine as well.

The more vindictive part of me secretly hoped they suffered for everything they had put Kieran and me through and experienced the same kind of pain we had, while another part of me wouldn’t wish that kind of pain on anyone. I was conflicted. I guess I owed that to my messed up emotions as well.

“Come on,” Kieran urged raising us up in the bed together. “Let’s eat. It’s seven A.M.”

“Don’t make me go,” I begged. “Can’t you have something sent up for us?”

“You should get up and get moving. It might make you feel better?” he said running his hands through my, probably mangled, hair.

I wasn’t used to being so babied. Not even by my own parents. It was…nice.

Oh no. Does that make me sound vulnerable? This claim has really screwed me up. 

“I don’t want to,” I stated again getting slightly agitated. “I want to stay in bed with you.”

He sighed and released me. “I’m only trying to help you, Claire.”

“Well maybe I don’t need your help,” I snapped standing up from the bed. “Maybe I just want you to hold me all day and stop bugging me about things I don’t want to do. Just stay with me.”

“I will stay with you.”

“Whatever,” I huffed storming off the bathroom and slamming the door behind me.  It was only after I was inside leaning against the door that I realized what I had just done.

What the hell was that?

I mean sure I didn’t want to be seen by anyone right now, but was that really an excuse to snap at him. I think I may have just over reacted a bit.

No. No, Claire, you didn’t. He was being too insistent. He wouldn’t listen.

But, he was just trying to help, like he said. He didn’t mean to be that way.

Ugh! This is all so frustrating. At that, I started to cry again. I was already missing Kieran’s arms. I just wanted to be back in them. Maybe I should just go apologize to him.

A soft knock came on the door before I was able to push my body off the door. I sensed it was Kieran right away. But really, who else would be knocking on our bathroom door, in our room?

Whoa, ours? Where did that come from? It’s not ours, it’s his. I’m just a guest in his room. He’s being hospitable by letting me stay here. That’s all. None of this “what is mine is yours, and what is yours is mine” stuff. It’s way too early to be thinking like that.

Get that thought out of you head right now, Claire

Oh great, now I’m talking to myself as well. Where does this end?

“I’m sorry baby, let me in?” he asked. “Please.”

I couldn’t say no to that voice. It was calling out for me. He wanted me and I wanted him.

I quickly moved from the door and threw it open before wrapping my arms around his neck. I buried my face into his neck and inhaled him once again.