Prologue

It's important to read the prologue! :)

Prologue

I sat on my bed and scratched my eyes. I checked the time and it is 12:30 midnight. I still feel so very sleepy, but I heard Jinhwan's voice talking so loud over the phone in his room.

"Babe, I love you. Wanna drink tomorrow?" I heard him say while giggling.

I always hear him talking to different kinds of girls over the phone. Jinhwan started being a playboy since Mina and him broke up. Mina was his life. He can't live without her like she is the oxygen he's breathing.

They broke up because Mina needs to study abroad. She broke up with Jinhwan because she doesn't want to be in a long distance relationship.

Jinhwan went wild and crazy. He almost got kicked from school because of his absences. He always drink until one day, he woke up in the hospital because of dehydration.

Of course, as his bestfriend, I did everything to comfort him. He always mention Mina everyday, even though I am the one beside him.

It hurts a lot, seeing my bestfriend being hurt because of the girl she loves. And it hurts, because my bestfriend cannot love me back the way I love him. .

"Okay babe. See you. Love you too." Jinhwan spoke again. I covered my face with a pillow cause of the giggling I'm hearing. He even set the call with the girl in a loud speak. Ugh.

I stood up and went in the kitchen. I feel thirsty so I get a glass of water and started to think about Jinhwan again.

I really don't know why Jinhwan can't love me back the way I see him. Well, I'm so stupid. How can he love me back if he still doesn't know my true feelings? Geez.

I can't imagine I am slowly falling in love with my childhood bestfriend. It's been 5 years since I hide my true feelings for him. Everyday, I want to explode and disappear. I hope he will never know that I love him. Not just as a bestfriend, but as a guy I truly love the most. I don't want to lose him and lose our friendship.

"Minju? You're still awake?" I almost choke the water I'm drinking when he stepped out of his room. It's kinda dark that's why I can't see his face clearly.

As soon as he walked near me, I saw his topless, flawless body in front of me.

"Y-Yea. I woke up cause your voice is so loud. You're talking to your babes again? That ain't good Kim Jinhwan. I'm telling this cause I'm your bestfriend." I seriously said to him. The last sentence I said was a lie.

I'm telling that to him cause I'm freaking jealous.

"Sorry. I just met a new hot girl from the mall yesterday. I got her number that's why I called her. Sorry if I disturbed you." his voice was sincere. Aish, I can't resist this guy.

"Whatever," I returned the water on the sink and passed by him. "Go to sleep. Talk to that babe again and I'll break your bones." he chuckled. My heart beated fast. This happens everytime when it comes to Jinhwan. I'm feeling this for almost 183738 years. That's why it's hard for me to hide my true feelings.

I was about to enter my room again when he grabbed my wrist. I looked at our hand, then to his eyes.

"Goodnight kiss from my bestfriend?" he asked and smiled a little. I messed his hair and quickly gave him a peck of kiss on the cheeks.

I fakely smiled and closed the door of my room. I stood up still, not moving a bit.

Goodnight kiss from my bestfriend?

Bestfriend.

That one word, either can ruin my day or ruin my life.