"Ok, well that means you'll be ready in 30 and I should be at school by then." I say after chewing my food, thoroughly this time.

"Oh shut it E. I'm sorry I take longer than you." She says trying to sound offended.

Snorting out a laugh I quickly reply. "You and I both know it's the truth girl. You take forever and a day to get ready."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll see you at school." She says ending the call and making me chuckle again.

Quickly finishing my sandwiches I hurriedly head back up to my room and brush my teeth. Dropping my toothbrush in the glass I open my makeup drawer and apply a tiny amount. I'm not big on makeup unless I'm going anywhere other than school. After throwing on some black mascara and clear lip gloss I head for the door.

I love my truck. It's a pretty blue, Ford F-150 4x4, jacked up a little, with "Cowgirl Up" written in black cursive on the tail gate. I throw my bag into my truck and climb in the driver's seat. I put the key in the ignition and start her up. Popping it in reverse and backing out of my parking spot I head up the driveway to the front gate. Yes I have a designated parking spot at my house. My dad is very serious about his spot, mom never cared but she's not here to say anything about that.

Shaking away my thoughts I quickly hop out and open the gate. Once I'm through I have to hop back out and close the gate, latching it. Again, tedious but it's a huge rule at our house. My dad is very paranoid about someone stealing our farm equipment. Yeah it's expensive but seriously? Is someone really going to come in and steal our tractor without someone in this tiny town noticing?

I hop back into my truck and click my seat belt back on. I throw it into drive and head out of my tiny small town to the semi bigger, but still small, town where I go to school. I go to school in the town next to ours because my town is so small we don't have a high school, only an elementary. Yes, we are that small. I don't mind the drive because I get to blare my music for 15 minutes before I have to be in hell for the day.

I finally get to the school and happily pull into a spot with an open one beside it. I say happily only because as I said my music puts me into a good mood. I grab my stuff, hop out and stand in the middle of the parking spot so someone else doesn't take the spot. The parking lot isn't very full but it can fill up pretty quickly. She and I have been doing this since we got our vehicles. If I'm the first one here I will and vice versa. It may sound weird to some but we aren't the only ones that do this. Even now as I glance around the parking lot I see a few others doing the exact same thing.

I'm not standing there but for 5 or so minutes when a white Mustang, with hot pink stripes that go across the top of it, pulls into the parking lot. When they are closer I step up to the back of my tail gate and lean against it. She slips in the spot and hops out. She has medium length blonde straight hair and big green eyes. She's wearing a pair of 3 inch red heels, black jeans and a red and black off the shoulder top. She has her usual make up on, she wears more than I do but she can do that because it always looks perfect. Her eye shadow is smoky making her green eyes pop even more giving her that mysterious look, she has eye liner and mascara on. Her makeup ends with a clear lip gloss on her pretty pink lips. Yep, not fair to have such a pretty best friend.

She starts to head over to me but halfway I raise my eye brow up at her effectively stopping her. She tilts her head to the side before her eyes light up in realization. She turns around and grabs her back pack and purse from the inside of her car. When she finally reaches my side we hug.

"So," I say, "drop the tail gate and wait or head in?"

"Drop the tail gate, we'll go ahead and wait on everyone here," she suggests.