Chapter 9*

I expected their house to be this giant mansion and it was don't get me wrong it was pretty ginormous, but it wasn’t just huge and emotionless like I was expecting, even from the outside where I was it seemed homey. The last thing I had expect to see was tons of cars and people littering the lawn.

" He would do this, today of all days. My parents are gonna kill him when they find out." Mikaela said glancing at me before sighing and getting out of the car.

Not wanting to awkwardly be sitting there I got out and followed her. Not knowing what to do with my stuff, I had just left my bag in the car. She reached back and grabbed my wrist, so I wouldn't get lost in the crowd. Her hand landing on the bruise that Markus had saw that day in the library. I yanked it back as close to my body as I could. She looked back at with a curious and apologetic look of her face.

We walked into the house having to force our way through the door. I'm surprised there was enough air in the place for even one person to breathe because of how packed it was. The whole place smelt like stale beer and vomit which had me gagging right away.

We forced our way through the crowd to find Markus and all his friends and  gang members sitting around the table. I’d never really seen him hanging out with any guy that wasn’t in the gang. They were playing what seemed to be a pretty intense game of poker from what I could see and understand.

Mikaela stormed right up to the table and ripped Markus' cards right out of his hands. At first I thought that Markus would be mad from the way his hands had clenched up, but when he turned around and saw it was Mikaela his glare softened and even though she was his sister and I had no reason to be jealous I still was.

" WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!" Even though she was screaming and i was just a few steps behind her, I could barely hear her over the music that was blaring.

I was too far away to hear anything else that was said, but eventually the whole gang had joined in on the conversation. I was becoming more nervous because every few seconds they would turn and look at me so it wasn't hard to guess that I was the subject of their discussion. I could actually feel that my face was most likely the color of a fire truck.

After what I'm guessing would be about 5 minutes Markus broke away from the group and came over to me. Not knowing what to do I looked down at the ground trying to become invisible. I was still wary of anybody looking at me or coming close to me.

After reaching very slowly towards me as though he understood what I was feeling, he took my hand and directed me out to a spot in the backyard where only a few people were. Everyone kept turning and glancing at us. I didn't have to be a mind reader to know that they were wondering why in the world he would be talking to someone like me.

We stopped and he turned around to face me. I saw still focusing on the ground afraid to see what I guessed would be disgust from having me near his house. I felt like I would never belong here, I wasn’t pretty or proper enough to be here and I was just waiting for him to tell me that.

" Sienna, I am so sorry. I forgot that you were supposed to be coming today." His voice was so filled with guilt, it caused me to look up into his eyes which were even worse. I was shocked into silence for a few moments from having him look at me like that. I made me feel like someone in this world might actually care about what happens to me for once.

" Why are you apologizing to me? It's your house, I'm just going to be here for a little while." I said still looking up at him. We were holding each other eyesights, but I could tell that we were both thinking and not just looking at the artificial things.

He stood there thinking for a few minutes just gazing down at me. He got this sparkle in his eye, it didn’t look fully evil but had just a small glimmer in it and he  said the one thing that I never would've imagined to come out of his mouth.

" I think that it’s about time that someone teaches you to have some fun”