Chapter 7*

Worrying that somehow my father had home home early and found that the door was locked, I slowly walked over to the door and peeked out the window that's hidden by bushes so they wouldn't see me.  

Outside on my doorstep stood a woman. She wasn't just a woman though, she was a cop. He hand was on her gun like she expecting trouble at any minute.  I stepped away from my spot at the hidden window and stood behind the door ready to open at it, just as she started knocking again.

When I opened it, she seemed shocked to see a girl at the door.  She took her hand off of her gun and straightened her posture.  Clearing her throat she began speaking while looking me deeply in the eyes.

" Are you any relation to a man named...Jordan Parks." She said looking down at the papers she had just pulled out of her pocket.

I slowly nodded my head and opened the door farther, motioning for her to come in.  Glancing around nervously wondering what my father had done now that would involve the police.  He worked as an office secretary in a small unknown corporation.

She came in and walked to the couch looking at it before sitting down. Having people in my house had always made me uncomfortable because it was always dirty and disgusting, even though I had spent all day cleaning it.  I lifted my hand to brush the hair away from my cheek when I felt the sharp pain shoot through my face.  I immediately put my hair back to the position it had been in afraid she would notice and start demanding answers.

As we went to the living room and sat in the cleanest couch we had I began speaking, " Sir....Ma'am? Do you think you could tell me why you are here?"

" Well, Miss Parks, I am here because your father has found to be in some business with a gang two towns over. He has been taken into custody as of right now and since it has been brought to our attention that your mother is no longer here, we are going to have to find you another place to stay for the time being. Your mother had apparently thought ahead before she died and gave up specific instructions to do if this ever happened." She said looking down at her papers.

I went still the moment she began talking about my mother. Had she really suspected that my father would eventually turn into a criminal to the point she had my future all mapped out? Before I thought that she fully trusted him to raise me on his own if anything ever happened to her, but I wonder how much she really knew.

She gave me a look that basically said that no matter how much you hate this, you have to go along with it.  Feeling my heart began to race, I wondered if I was going to be sent to another state where I would know no one or if the person had passed away and I would be placed in a foster care system for the time being.

" From now on will be residing with the Reynolds family. Being as they were the family your mother had felt would be able to care for you the best also since the gang your father had business was taken into to custody too, we felt since they help protect the town it would be best for you to be with them.. I don’t know how long you will have to stay with them so pack enough stuff for at least two weeks you can always come back to grab more if needed. They will be here for you at six sharp. Be ready."

After she said this, she stood up heading for the door. I was about to get up to show her out, but she sent me a look that said to collect my thoughts and just be ready. My head was spinning. How could I live with Markus and his family? I could barely talk with guys nevermind living with them. How would I explain the bruises if somehow they accidently showed? Any explanation could lead to me having to stay there longer. How could I keep every horrible thing that’s happened to me a secret when all I want to do every time I look at him is to let all of my secrets just poor out?