Chapter 3

A few days had passed since the check up with the pack doctor. Alex and Andy had grown quite fond of each other in that short amount of time, the both of them being happier than they ever had been before. Andy had always been told that finding your mate was the best thing that could ever happen to you, but he had no idea until now. Finding your mate puts you at peace, filling that hole that you could just never seem to fill. It's kind of like those moments when you're craving ice cream and there's just enough to satisfy you, putting you into a moment of pure bliss.

Andy couldn't help but smile anytime he was around Alex, the small neko brightening his entire life. Though there was one thing that concerned him, what if he wasn't entirely neko? At this point he was impatient and desperately wanted to know. Alex hadn't said a word about it other than he didn't know.

It wasn't long before the gorgeously white kitten stretched its legs out and nuzzled up closer to Andy's neck, now soowly blinking its eyes open to look at the male before him. Andy smiled and quietly spoke as he raised his hand, slowly and gently stroking his fur. "Good morning, kitten.."

Alex just purred and pressed into the crook of his mate's neck, soaking in the feeling of his loving touch. "The doctor should be here soon.." Andy spoke quietly, lacing his fingers in the snow white fur. The kitten's head poked up out of his neck upon hearing the word's he had been dreading, not at all thrilled to be informed of what he actually is. Truthfully he didn't know what he was, he just knew he wasn't entirely neko. He wasn't going to admit that though, afraid that Andy would possibly be mad at him.

Alex moved away from his mate so he could shift back into his regular form, a gentle pout covering his features. "Do we really have to know..?" Andy was a bit taken back by that, now more confused than he was before. "Why wouldn't you want to, darling?" Alex just shrugged and looked away as he bit the corner of his lip, that being just seconds before someone gently knocked on the door. "Alpha?" The pack doctor called through the door, patiently waiting outside for a response. "Meet us in my study." Andy focused his attention back to the boy in front of him, a gentle hand tracking though his white locks. "Come on..you don't even have to stay in the form if you don't want to, okay?"

After a moment Alex nodded and shifted back into the adorable white kitten Andy had grown to love, now moving to sit on his lap. Andy picked up his mate with a chuckle and left their room, now heading towards the study. Once inside he sat at his desk, gently placing the kitten on his lap. "Have you gotten the results?" Andy spoke rather quickly, curiosity having him on the edge of his seat. The pack doctor sighed and nodded. "The test confirmed that he isn't entirely neko. Actually, he's barely one at all. " He paused before speaking again. "More than half of his DNA contains that of a demon's, that part of him just hasn't come to life yet."

Andy looked down at Alex who seemed to be having the same reaction; Confusion. The both of them were shocked as they looked to the male. "Would he be able to control that side of himself whenever it awakens?" The male looked at Andy and gave him his honest answer. "I'm actually not sure. It depends on his level of mental strength and what line of demon's he comes from, I can only determine that by the markings given to him once it does awaken." Andy just nodded and messed with Alex's fur, dismissing the oack doctor before leaning back into his chair. "I suppose we can just hope for now.."