▸ VI. HOW TO ROLEPLAY ◂

Hello again! This chapter will explain a lot of things related to actually roleplaying: where to roleplay, how to tag, the differences between tagging vs chain roleplays, and how to roleplay correctly.

Where Do I Roleplay?
After your form has been accepted by the host, it is time to find out where you are going to be roleplaying. This step is figuring out which chapter in the book you're in.

To find out which chapter you should be in, look at all the titles of the chapters, and find the griuo you're in. Sometimes it's up to you where you want to start, and sometimes if the roleplay is plot-oriented everyone will start at the same place. If you are really confused, ask the roleplay host where you belong.

How Do I Roleplay?
Where you and everyone else will actually roleplay is in the comments of whatever chapter you are on. Screenshots of how to find the comments section are located in the previous chapter.

How Do I Tag?
Tag someone by typing the @ symbol and then the username of the person(s) you are roleplaying with. People you are following and other people with similar names on Wattpad will show up as you tag. However, if they have a dash or an underscore they usually don't show up so you just have to remember their usernames. That's why I have a great keyboard which keeps a lot of usernames for me.

Tagging

Tagging is usually done after your comment, but can be done before as well

Tagging after your comment:

Tagging before your comment:

Reply Vs Chain RoleplayingReply roleplaying was defined in the first chapter

Reply roleplaying was defined in the first chapter. It is just typing your comment and then tagging the people you are roleplaying with and can include up to as many people at once as you want. These comments are usually long and descriptive.

Chain Roleplaying was also defined in the first chapter and is usually used more one on one, like in individual roleplays. All you do is keep replying to the same comment, creating a long "chain" of comments. You don't Ave to tag anyone because they are notified even you reply, so it is a bit easier that way. Also chain roleplays are usually more dialogue than explanations and each comment is only up to a few sentences.

How To Roleplay The Right Way
[DOES NOT APPLY TO CHAIN ROLEPLAYS]

• use proper punctuation and grammar - unless your character talks that way, use commas, periods, semicolons, quotation marks, question marks, exclamation points, and other punctuation marks correctly. Make sure your grammar is correct as well!

• check for typos - this is a mistake I make a lot. before you hit post, read over your comment again (especially if it's long) and make sure autocorrect didn't change anything

• be descriptive - roleplaying is a great way to show off your writing skills. make us feel like we're really there with your character! help us get to know them!

• write paragraphs - especially for literate roleplays, one sentence won't do. keep those words coming!

Thanks for reading! Comment if you don't understand anything!