52 - Now You Know Me

I'd only intended to doze for half an hour in Harry's arms, but it was late morning when I felt him stir beside me, and I opened my eyes to see him rubbing his left eye with the heel of his hand and yawning.

"We should probably think about getting up," he said reluctantly, and I nodded my agreement. "Are you working tomorrow?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said, stretching and sitting up in bed. "I'll have to leave after dinner this evening. I don't want to be driving too late."

"Have you got room in your car for a little one?" he asked, reaching up and twirling a piece of my hair around his finger. "Me," he elaborated with a roll of his eyes when I gave him a confused look.

"Of course!" I beamed. "I just assumed you'd be staying here with your family for a bit."

"No, we're presenting Simon Cowell with a Music Industry Trusts Award tomorrow night," he explained.

"Wow, no rest for the wicked," I remarked.

"Yeah," he said. "I've got a few days off after that, though. Then we've got the Radio One Live Lounge the week after, we're filming the Jonathan Ross show, we've got X Factor, the London Session..."

"Jonathan Ross?!" I squeaked, cutting him off, and he gave me an indulgent look.

"Yeah, it won't be screened for a few weeks though."

"Oh my God," I breathed. "That is so exciting."

He smiled at my excitement for a moment, and then his face turned serious.

"Yeah, um... so I was wondering if maybe you wanted to come over to New York and LA with me, later in the month? We have a few things lined up, but it's not as hectic as the UK schedule. I thought maybe we could spend some time together? Maybe we could even go on holiday or something, once the last of my commitments are over? I mean, it's just an idea, we don't have to..."

He trailed off and looked at the wall while I tried not to hyperventilate.

"Harry," I said, finding my voice after what felt like an eternity of awkward silence, "I would absolutely LOVE that!"

"Really?" he said, looking at me again and smiling, and stroking my arm softly with his fingertips. He hooked his arm behind his head. "I just thought it would be good to have some time to relax together. I haven't really thought it through, I was just thinking out loud."

"It would be amazing," I agreed.

"So... yes to both?" he pressed. "Fly out with us, and come on holiday with me?"

"Yes to both," I beamed. "Wait, who's 'us'?"

"The band," he frowned. "We'll be flying out on the jet together. Will that be a problem?"

"Will that be a problem?!" I echoed. "Are you kidding me? I get to hang out with One Direction on a private jet for like eight hours?!"

"I thought your fangirl days were behind you," he grinned.

"I'm allowed a relapse periodically," I explained, and he gave a slow nod of understanding, his trademark smirk fixed firmly on his face.

"So do you think you'll be able to get the time off work?" he asked.

"I don't see why not," I replied. "I used some holidays back in April to come and see you in LA, but other than a couple of odd days here and there I haven't really taken many others, so I have quite a bit of time still to take. I was just going to ask to be paid for them as I didn't have anything planned."

"Well now you do," he said, leaning up on his elbows and kissing my nose. "I can't wait to take you out on a proper date again. If you want to, that is," he added hastily.