BIG news

I'm so sorry this sounded so much better in my head

*set during Race to the Edge (again)*

"But Hiccup I don't want to tell them!"
"Astrid, they're going to find out sooner or later, whether we tell them or not"
"I realise that, all I'm saying is I'd rather they found out later rather than sooner"
"Ugh you're so difficult"
"And you're so annoying"

The couple glared at each other in silence for a moment before their faces softened and laughter replaced the silence.
"I can't believe we're arguing over this" Astrid said with a light laugh. "I don't understand why you even feel the need to tell them like it's some big reveal anyway, just leave them to figure it out for themselves"
"It is big reveal though Astrid. No one will have seen this coming!" Hiccup responded his green eyes shining in excitement at the prospect of springing unexpected news on the rest of the inhabitants of the Edge.
"You're overthinking this; why blow the situation out of proportion when I could just waltz into the training centre wearing your tunic or something, and throw my axe at the head of anyone who dares to say anything? Then they'd get the message." Astrid grinned slightly, and Hiccup stepped away warily.
"I still think we should tell them - at least give them a bit of a heads up" Hiccup replied uneasily.
"Fine," Astrid sighed. "But I'll do the talking, got it?"
Hiccup nodded quickly with a smile.
"In the morning then?"
"Yeah, meet you at the academy"
"Goodnight, m'lady"

🔹🔹🔹

"Ready?" Hiccup greeted Astrid, who rolled her eyes in response.
"Yeah yeah. Let's just get on with it so we can start training." They turned to the gang.
"Ahem." Hiccup attempted in vain to grasp the attention of the group - not an easy feat.
"Hey" Astrid took charge, smiling at Hiccup. "We just wanted to let you know that Hiccup and I, well... We're a thing now I guess?" She glanced at Hiccup, who smiled reassuringly.

"What?" Was the rather uninterested response.
"I mean, we're like... together"

Ruffnut snorted loudly, and the rest of the gang looked at the couple in confusion.
"What do you mean you weren't together before?"

You guys are literally the nicest people ever! I love reading all of your lovely comments.
People who comment regularly you know who you are, and your comments make my day every day 🙃
I JUST LOVE TALKING TO YOU AND I FEEL SO BLESSED AND ALSO WHEN IS SEASON 3 OF RTTE COMING OUT BECAUSE IM REALLY STRUGGLING TO WAIT