Chapter Two

*Flashback to three weeks ago*

I had just finished laughing with Glenn when Shane comes up to us.

I was about to ask how he was doing when he suddenly and roughly grabbed my arm, dragging me to our tent.

While he was pulling me away I saw Glenn give me a sorrowful look.

When we got inside the tens he threw me to the side and looked at me with anger-filled eyes. "Are you sleeping with him?" He asks me somewhat calmly. I just look at him and give him a look of disbelief that he would even think that. I am not that type of person. While I was thinking this I didn't notice him becoming more and more angry with me. This has to have been the angriest he has ever gotten.

"ARE YOU?!" He screams, his face inches from mine. I can feel his hot breath on my cheek as he screams at me. At this point I don't even believe it's Shane I'm talking to. He used to be so kind. So loving. And now he's just...well not himself.

I finally realize me not standing up for myself will make it worse so I stand up and scream. "NO!....no." I yelled/whispered. (If you don't get it the first no is a yell and the second is a whisper.)

"Why are you lying?!" Shane screams. At this point I am so frightened that I can't move. I feel that if I move a muscle he'll slap me like a fly, with no mercy.

"I'm not Shane." I say in a quiet voice. "I promise." I whisper.

I guess this wasn't the answer he wanted so he gives me a strange look and slaps me so hard I fall to the floor.

My eyes start to tear up and I'm ready to burst into tears. But I can't let him see me cry. If I do he'll think what he's doing is working and will do it again.

"And before I leave let me make this clear." He says. I sit up so I can look him in the eyes. To see if it's the real Shane. My Shane.

"Don't you ever, EVER, yell at me the way you just did EVER again! Do you understand me?!" He screams.

I just stare at him till he starts coming closer. "DO YOU?!" He yells. I nod my head yes.

For a moment I feel as if this wasn't the answer he wanted and I would have to be hit again. It seems as though it's good enough because he finally leaves me in the tent.

I know he hates when I cry so I wait till he's at least 100 feet away when I start to cry. This was  the first time he has ever laid his hands on me. I mean I know that he has issues with his anger but never that much. It was all my fault. I knew he had anger problems and I still went on and did something to make him mad.

My cries turn into sobs as I look at the red mark on my face. When I have no more tears left to shed I clean myself up and decide to help the women with the laundry.

                        *End of flashback*

When I wake up I see Carl sitting next to me with his head in his hands. How did I get here?
I wonder. "Carl?" I ask. Yet it comes out as more of a croak.

"Kate!" He screams and jumps on top of me, giving me a huge hug. "You're awake! Are you okay?! How are you feeling?! I though you were dead! How-" He rants. I get confused by all the questions. I interrupted him by screaming his name.

"CARL!" I scream. He finally stops rambling and gives me another hug.

"I thought you were dead Kate." He mumbles into my shoulder.

"Can't get rid of me that easily Bud." I say. I smile and hear him chuckle.

"Hey Carl?" I ask. "Hm?" He says, distracted by the comic book I got him a couple days ago. "How long was I out for?" Carl then looks away from me, trying to ignore my question. "Carl?"
-------------------------------------------------------
I hope this was better than the first chapter. So her secret about Shane is out. (Even though it was pretty obvious😂) If you have any ideas for Chapter 3 please let me know in the comments or text me on kik at gleek4life23 (ik ik I just don't know how to change the name😂)
Until next time...