Chapter One

Kate's P.O.V
Today was as normal as ever. Waking up, playing with Carl, hunting with Daryl and fighting with Shane.

Carl is my best friend, even if he is much younger than me. Daryl is my brother and Shane is my boyfriend.

Shane...he isn't always a good boyfriend. And I don't expect him to be perfect because obviously no one is but...he does things to me that I don't think good boyfriends are supposed to do. I mean not that I would know....he's my first boyfriend.

I am now washing clothes with Carol, Andrea, Amy and Jacqui when I hear a small voice yell my name. I look up to Dale on the RV and I see Carl standing beside him while yelling my name.

"Is it ok if I go?" I ask the other women doing the laundry. "Yea it's fine," Andrea says,"Just be careful, ok?" "I'm always careful," I say and wink at her. I hear her chuckle as I walk away to see what's up with Carl.

"Hey bud, what's going on?" I ask. "Oh, nothing. Well actually that's kinda why I called you over here." At this point I'm a little nervous. Did I say something? Does he not wanna be my friend anymore? Why am I over reacting about a 12 year old? "Kate?" Carl asks while pulling me from my thoughts. "Hm?" I ask. He giggles and then says,"I saiiiid I'm suuuuuper bored Kate. Can we play tag?" He asks innocently. "Of course Carl! You scared me for a second." I say. "Why? What did you think I was gonna say?" He asks. I didn't feel like being embarrassed so after a couple of seconds in silence I scream "TAG!!", scaring half the campers, and running from Carl.

I sprinted to the RV as fast as I could. I see little Carl trying to run with his little legs. "Awe is wittle Carl too small to pway?" I tease. That's when he quickens his pace and I run full speed towards the camp fire. I turn around and scream,"Ha! Little shit! Can't get me now-"
I stumble on a log and fall hitting my head. I look up to see a blurry Carl yelling for help until everything goes black.
-------------------------------------------------------
Hi! This is my first story. The next chapter will be a description of my character and the ages of the others. Sorry if it's too short I have an idea for Chapter Two. Until next time....