25 || falling into place ||

Comincia dall'inizio

I grew a little uncomfortable under her inquisitive gaze, hence why I settled for backing away and jabbing a thumb over my shoulder. "Uh, I'm a little late..." I drifted off, stuffing my phone in my purse. "I'll see you later."

And before she could emit a word, I was already in the process of tossing myself out the door and galloping down the stairs.

Dear God.

▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

"HONEY, I'M HOME!"

I swung the door to Blaze's apartment open, grinning at the sight of him. He was drying his brown hair with a navy towel, his eyes fixated on the ground. Only at the sound of my voice did he bring his head up and claim a few steps closer toward me, his lips curling upward in a smile. "Hey," he murmured, dimples carved into the side of his cheeks.

I reached out and poked his chest. "Your shirt's damp," I reported, unable to stop myself from smiling. I don't what it was about him that made me feel so...content.

"I know. I just took a shower," Blaze explained, wrapping his towel around his neck. He tugged at the ends of it and gazed at me, his green eyes roaming around my face.

Feeling somewhat self conscious, I permitted my eyes to flutter around his meticulous apartment. "Is there anything I can do to help you prepare lunch?"

Blaze nodded his assent, jutting his chin toward the couch. "Yeah, just watch something on T.V and stay out of my way," he requested.

I fixed him with a flat look. "I can cook, you know," I grumbled, lifting the plate in my hands. "Besides, I brought some tortillas and tacos!"

His eyebrows were pulled together as he peered down at the plate. "Seriously?"

I nodded my consent, my lips parting into a smile. "You told me to," I justified, pushing past him and heading to his kitchen. I entered the kitchen and set off in the direction of the counter, positioning the plates on it.

"So, what do I do?" I wondered, leaning my hip against his counter and folding my arms below my chest.

Blaze, entering the kitchen moments later, ran a hand through his damp hair and traced out a sigh. "Can you grate cheese?"

Once again, a flat look was tossed in his direction as I worked my way toward his fridge. "You're underestimating my cooking skills," I mentioned, crouching down and rummaging through his fridge. I snatched a banana flavoured yoghurt and a block of cheese, before dumping them on the island and seizing hold of a spoon.

Blaze arched one brow as he grabbed a pot, his eyes tracing my every movement. "You're supposed to be grating the cheese, not snacking," he reprimanded, shaking his head.

"I'm hungry," I cleared up, hoisting my shoulders in the motility of a shrug.

He shook his head again as he advanced toward the fridge and searched through it. While he leaned down and rummaged through the vegetables, I struck it upon myself to admire his back muscles. He's so incredibly hot.

Blaze heaved himself up and set off in the direction of the sink, washing a few vegetables. "Why were you staring at me?" he queried, his voice curious and inquisitive.