Chapter 75: Crashing Constellations

Start from the beginning

I don't think I've slept so much in a single week, but I really needed this week of rest.

Finally, it's the weekend, and Pat begged me to go out tonight, so of course, I agreed.

He's been so helpful throughout this entire pregnancy, that I couldn't turn him down, even if I wanted to.

Plus, we aren't going to be out late; we're just going for dinner.

"You look nice, Pat." I say, smiling at him as I adjust the collar on his polo shirt.

He smiles down at me, kissing my forehead gently.

"Thanks love, you do too." He says, quietly.

I'm wearing a white sequined tank top with a grey cardigan, dark jeans, and my wedges, of course.

I have been way too lazy to do anything with my hair, so I have just left it down and naturally straight for the evening.

I applied a light layer of makeup, and then to top it all off, threw on my long, silver necklace.

Getting dressed has become quite the issue with my baby bump being so large.

Honestly, I thought it was huge when I was six months pregnant, but it's significantly larger now.

Everything has become a challenge.

Getting up the stairs, walking even short distances, sleeping, changing... God.

It's insane how much longer everything takes when you're nine months pregnant.

Especially, with twins.

"I can't believe the change we have been waiting so long for... it's going to happen in two weeks." Pat says, shaking his head.

I smile, nodding.

"I know. I have no idea what to expect, I just... I don't know." I shake my head, sighing.

"Your baby bump is fucking huge." Pat laughs, looking down at my belly.

I laugh, looking down and placing a hand over it.

"Yeah, it is. I'm so ready to get these two out, honestly. I'm done." I laugh, running a hand through my hair and looking up at Pat.

He laughs, nodding.

"I bet you are. Alright, are you ready to head out?" He asks, as he swings the apartment door open.

I nod, and with that, the two of us leave the apartment.

We make our way down to the underground parking lot, and then towards our car once we get there.

I waddle across the parking lot, one hand on my baby bump, the other claimed by Pat's.

I can't believe I decided to wear heels tonight.

God, what was I thinking?

After what feels like forever (but was only a thirty feet walk), Pat and I reach our car, and he helps me into the passenger seat, before he heads over to the driver's side.

I sigh, as I buckle up.

I'm out of breath. This is so bad. I've been growing out of breath after walking even the smallest distances.

Pat then gets in, and backs out, before leaving the underground parking lot.

I watch the nightlife through the window of the passenger seat, smiling as I do so.

Excited couples walk hand-in-hand down the streets, and it fascinates me to know that each of these couples has their own set of experiences, heartbreaks... essentially, their own lives.