"Here." She handed me her phone. I unlocked it and pressed the gallery app. I gasped as soon as I saw the pictures.

"What is it? Are my pictures ugly?!?" She said while leaning on me.

I just smiled and saw pictures of her and Marc having fun. She also had a candid shot at the Colosseum. I guess Marc did that while she wasn't looking.

I showed her the picture and her eyes twinkled. "Wow. I like that picture." She said.

"Well, I like this picture." I showed her the almost kiss picture.

"Oh my god!" Bianca squeaked. "You guys are so sweet!"

"We're not a couple." Kate firmly said. "He stole my phone."

I just chuckled. They really are meant to be.

We went our separate ways.

I got home and plopped onto my bed. I snuggled my stuffed cat and fell asleep instantly.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Ugh. I looked at my clock and it said 5am. God. Who would call at this hour? I took my phone and answered it.

"Ms. Collins, this is Nina Xavier. I'm very sorry to say that I have a photoshoot and a meeting with the board on the event day. I'm afraid I cannot make it."

"It's fine, I'll find a new replacement."

I started panicking. How can I find a new replacement when the event is only two days away? Oh my god. I kept thinking.

Ting!

I dialed the number and waited.

"Yes, Stella?"

"Kate! Come to my house and I want you to talk to you about something. It's really urgent."

"Ok. I'll be there in a few."

Kate's POV

I changed my clothes and walked to Stella's apartment.

I rang the bell and the door opened. I was engulfed by a hug after.

"Kate! You don't know how much I needed you."

We entered the apartment and sat on the sofa.

"Do you want tea? Coffee? Juice?"

"Water will do."

Stella got two glasses of water. She looked nervous.

"Stella, what are we supposed to talk about?"

She fiddled her fingers.

"How far can you help me?"

Her question started to make me feel uneasy.

"I will help you in any way. You're my friend, Stella."

"Really?"

"Yes." I said with a smile.

"Kate, I want you to be one of the bachelorettes."

"What?!?"

"Please. You're my last hope. The ball is only in two days. I can't find other women anymore. One of the girls backed out."

I thought about it for a while. I was told to be Marc's date. What will he think if I joined the auction? I looked at Stella. She really looked desperate.

"Oh alright. I'll do it."

"Oh my god! Thank you! Thank you, thank you!!"

She hugged me so tightly that I couldn't breathe.

"Wear something sexy. Make men drool over you."

"Stella!" I slightly nudged at her.

"Come on! Rich men are gonna drool over you!!" She exclaimed.

I was silent.

"I'll bring some gowns."

I just nodded.

"I'll do your make up too and your hair!"

I think she's quite excited about it. I sighed.

"I guess you should be here by 3pm." She said.

I went home after that. My mind kept drifting to Marc. What if he'd go ballistic? Oh! I have to do this for Stella. Marc wouldn't know. I wouldn't tell him. He'll just have to see for himself. Anyway, it's just one date from noble gentlemen.

Before I could sleep, my phone suddenly rang.

"Hey, Kate."

"Josh!" I said as I jumped from the bed.

"I..I uh...I'm getting married."

"What?!?"

"I'm getting married. I know it's fast but I met this girl for months. I mean, she's really nice and cool. I really love her."

"Okay...well, when's the wedding?! Of course I'd be there! You're my only brother!"

"You'll be one of Clara's bridesmaids."

"Ooohh. I'm excited!"

"I'll have to warn you. Troy's gonna be there."

"What? Why?" I asked about massaging my temples.

"I'm marrying his cousin."

I sat on the bed in shock. I didn't know what to say. I'm really happy about the marriage but seeing Troy? I'm not ready.

"Uh..Kate? You there?"

"Yeah. I was just thinking."

"I'm really sorry. I didn't know. I recently just found out."

"It's fine. I can handle it."

"Bring someone with you if you want. Oh and it's already on Sunday. I'll have a helicopter pick you guys up. Bring clothes too. I'll send you more details. Don't worry about the dress. I know your size. I gotta go!" He said before hanging up.

Looks like I'm seeing my ex again. I sighed heavily. Gosh. "A lot happened today." I said while brushing my hair with my hand.