"Are you going to tell me what bit you?" He asks out of nothing.

"You know, too much time with Anakin. If we stay together some more, we'll kill each other." A shiver runs down my spine. "I am asking Master Yoda to split us for a while."

"Seems reasonable. This said, I'm not sure he will agree. You two are on the holonews all the time; men are proud and women faint at the sight of the invincible duo. You are a good product, good publicity. It can make the difference in war time, and he knows this."

"And you know too well what I think of these absurdities. In any case, I have doubts too. The boy is troubled, he might need me."

He seizes me, slowly shaking his dreads. "He's not a boy, nor your burden anymore. You should start worrying about what you need."

"If only I knew what it is," I sigh.

"You need to chill out, laserbrain. Force knows this war is more than enough, you don't have to take the brooding brat's angst on your shoulders all the time. I look after a bunch of freshly knighted boys and girls tonight, they're going out to celebrate. Come with us and have some fun."

"The fact that you're in charge of this is utterly alarming... really, who had the idea?"

"I volunteered."

I theatrically massage my forehead. "As strange as it may seem, babysitting you and some kids together doesn't appeal to me. I arrived a few hours ago and couldn't be more tired. I'll just stay at home with a cup of tea in one hand and a holopad in the other. You could change your plans and join me, instead."

He loudly huffs. "You are the most boring Jedi I've ever met. There are two ladies there that are gorgeous, and of the right age, if this is what keeps you awake at night. One is green, with lekku: she's mine. The other one is blonde, with blue eyes. Exactly your type, if I remember well enough."

The downside of childhood friends; they know too much.

"You are blushing. So sweet. You know what? I don't buy it. I've seen that look on your face a couple of times during our Padawan years. Not the embarrassed one, that's way more common. The heartbroken one. I don't know who she is, but I assure you that coming with me tonight is the best thing you can do."

"Maybe some other day," I say, getting up.

"You know you will not get away with it forever," he replies with a warm smile. "I'm after you."

I meet more friends as I walk the Temple corridors. 'Good to see you alive' is the first thing we think, every time. Then, we pat shoulders or exchange an awkward hug. We rarely talk about the war. Just quick info on who's leaving and who's coming back, and vague projects about time to spend together soon.

Cold soup.

I go back to my apartment in the late afternoon. The holonews show blurred greenish videos of a battle taking place on a planet of the Outer Rim I've never heard about. Barely intelligible laser blasts and dismembered bodies. After that, a list of recent victories. Ours is in there, just a planet name among the others.

I turn it off and look out of the window, trying to imagine myself clubbing with Quin and his friends. The image I get is hilarious, though I have no problems envisioning him there, and we're the same age.

The city lights shine brightly under the grey sky. My mind goes back to the cloudy, rainy evenings we left behind.

When I fall asleep, I dream of rough sex. Naked limbs, moans and sweat.

It's still dark when I wake up to find out it was a wet dream. Last time, I was fifteen. My body betrays me, and it's irritating.

I wonder what Anakin is dreaming.

Later, in the 'fresher, I hear two loud thumps. I swear, wrap myself in a towel and go open the door.

Quin is there, grinning, left arm around a slender green Twi'lek, right one around a short, blonde human girl. They all seem a bit drunk.

I'm sleepy, half-naked and dripping. I ask myself if this could be one of those nightmares where everything is part of a plot to embarrass you.

The two young Knights giggle, and Quinlan hardly restrains his laugh. "Late night shower or are you trying to impress the girls?"

I glare at him.

He ignores me. "They wanted to meet a real war hero, I just couldn't refuse."

Despite the urge to punch him, I calmly assure the Knights that, as they are already hugging one, there's no need for others.

The human girl straightens herself as much as she can and looks up at me, flushed and doe-eyed. "Master Kenobi, I'm honoured to have the chance to meet you. The admiration I have for you has not equals. You are the Jedi I wanted to be as a child."

I wonder if Quinlan could possibly choke on his laughter.

"Thank you, I appreciate this," I answer. "It's good to be reminded of how old you are, from time to time. Anyway, congratulation to you both on your knighting. Now, please, excuse me while I kill Master Vos."

"It's not his fault!" Almost shouts the Twi'lek, suddenly flustered at her own loud voice. "We wanted to meet you so badly! We tortured him all night."

I take the deepest of the breaths. "Poor Master Vos, it must've been terrible. Well, your wish came true. How lucky. Quinlan, I will make you pay for this. Goodnight."

Closing the door, I have a glimpse of Anakin walking by, directed to his and Ashoka's quarters. He presses his lips together to keep back a smile and salutes me taking his hand to his forehead.

This must definitely be one of those nightmares.