Chapter 4

We landed on Corusant. Obi Wan convinced Padme to use a decoy when getting off the ship just in case of another attempt to kill her. I however didn't get a decoy, even though I am the one who has had 2 assassin attempts. Padme put on a helmet. She was disguised as a guard.

"Are you ready?" I asked her once she finished putting on her costume.

"I don't see the point in a decoy. I doubt there will be an attempt." She stated sighing. I shrugged at her comment. We started out of the ship. Padme walked out first with Obi Wan. Anakin walked out with me. We were on the edge of the bridge when Anakin spoke.

"Do you hear that?" He asked stopping.

"What?" I said.

"That ticking sound?" His eyes darkened, and he grabbed my hand. He ran me out of the ship. That's when an explosion went off. Anakin put his body in front of me, and his arms wrapped around me. I heard the explosion rage on. Afterwards we stood there, him basically hugging me. I looked over his shoulder. The whole ship was totalled. Everyone was sprawled on the ground. Including Padme's decoy, Corde. Padme ran to Corde's side.

"Corde..." She whispered.

"I'm sorry. I have failed you Senator..." Corde spoke. And with that she went still. I could hear her last breath escape her mouth and her body went limp. Anakin let go of me and I ran to Padme's side.

"Padme. She did her job." I said, resting my hand on her shoulder.

"It's not safe here. We need to leave." Anakin said. I lifted Padme from the ground and we walked side by side to the apartment. It was beautiful. There was a coffee table and couches at the center. At the side were huge Windows looking over the city. Wait, not Windows but balconies. That would be the perfect place to watch the sun rise. Me and Padme sat on the couches while the droids took our bags to our rooms. Anakin and Obi Wan sat down across from us.
"We are here to protect you Padme..." Obi Wan started.

"I don't want protection, I want answers. I want to know who is trying to kill us." My sister butted in.

"I promise we will find who is doing this." Anakin said. Obi Wan glared at him.

"You will pay attention to my lead." Obi Wan said.

"Why?" Anakin snapped. Obi Wan was dismayed.

"What?" He said, irritated.

"I mean why shouldn't we try and find the killer. Protection is the job of a local guard not Jedi. We are untitled to investigation." Anakin said.

"We will do as the council asks. And you will learn your place." Obi Wan said glaring. Anakin scoffed.

"Well if you excuse me, I will retire." Padme stood and nodded her head.

"I should go..." I said less formal. I walked to my room, and threw on a black, silk nightgown. That's when I heard a slight beeping from Padme's room. It must be a droid...I went to turn it off, so it wouldn't disturb Padme. I walked in Padme's dark room, I could hear the soft rise and fall of her chest. There was nothing. No droid to be turned off, no one else in the room. I turned to walk out of the room when I heard a clicking against wood. I walked to Padme's bed frame. The sound stopped. I walked to the side of her bed. A huge bug sat on the side of her bed. I gasped in air, covering my mouth to stop myself from puking. The big was slimy, and had several hundred legs. That must've been the clicking noise. The big spotted me, and sprinted into action. They came running to my feet, their jaws opening and closing. I screamed and ran towards the door. Just then, Anakin burst through the door and sliced the bugs in half. Obi Wan rushed in after and looked at the window. There was a droid right outside. Without hesitation, Obi Wan burst through the windows and grasped onto the droid.

"Master..." Anakin said with a scowl. He ran out of the room. Padme was awake and the handmaidens ran into the room.

"Are you alright milady?" One of them asked sitting down next to Padme.

"What happened?" She asked looking at me. I sat down in her bed.

"There was another assassin attempt. This time with venomous bugs." I stated.

"Are you alright (y/n)? You look a little pale. Did you get bit?" Padme asked in a fear filled voice.

"No, I'm fine. Just a bit...shocked. That's all." I said. I started to leave the room when Padme's voice met my ear.

"Will you stay with me? Until they get back?" She asked.

"Of course." I said with a smile. I laid down next to my sister.

"So, what do you think of the Jedi?" She asked, looking forward.

"They're nice, I guess." I said

"What about Anakin? Do you like him?" She asked me. I gasped when she asked this question. Would she suspect that I like him? Cause I don't. I think I don't.

"He's very nice too..." I added. She sighed.

"Oh come on (y/n), I've seen how you look at him..." She said smirking. I turned my head.

"I don't look at him any special way. And even if I did that would never happen. He's a Jedi. And don't even start with me, I've seen the way he looks at you." I said holding my head high.

"You know, when I first met him, he was 10. He called me an angel..." She said smiling at the memory.

"That's very kind of him." I say with an edge. She looked at me.

"(Y/n), I know that you feel that you will never find someone. But I assure you, you will. You are a beautiful, fun girl... Just don't give up on finding your prince." She said. Padme had always been very supportive. I love her for that. She really understands me.

"I won't." I said grabbing her hand, after a while of silence, Padme fell asleep. And I waited up, wondering if Anakin was okay...or if he would return at all.