✔️♡ Paris Delana ♡✔️

Paris Delana

Never Noticed

Calling her brother to come down for breakfast made Paris realize her throat was sore. She hadn't spoken that morning so she hadn't known.

After Denver ran down the stairs, she followed him into the kitchen and grabbed them both a glass of juice before sitting down at the table.

She took a sip and when her dad asked if she was okay, she tried to talk again but her no reply was one that he didn't expect. Her mother placed her hand on Paris's forehead and said you are a little warm honey.

After breakfast, her dad took Denver to school. As her mother took her to the pack doctor. When the doctor had Paris open her mouth, he looked in and said looks like your tonsils are inflamed.

After that, it was to the hospital for Paris. The pack doctor took care of the arrangements for her tonsils to be removed.

For such a simple operation it was supposed to be, things didn't go well for Paris. Not only did she have a serious allergic reaction to the anesthesia used, she spent months in pain from her throat operation that no one could figure out why.

She spent nearly a year not talking because of it, using a pen and paper to communicate with others. Not that anyone was talking to her anymore, but it's how she communicated with her family and the doctors.

When Paris finally was given the all clear, she started talking in a whisper, not too loud as her larynx had been somewhat damaged or distorted in the operation.

By the time she graduated, Paris did talk but not much in front of people. She found that her voice had changed, from a middle of the road sounding voice to more of a raspy one.

Her wolf, who was now a part of her, helped her heal but her voice was something that couldn't change back to where it had been, the damage was irreversible.

She had a lot of people staring at her if they heard her voice that final year, it made her self-conscious and kept her very quiet.

~~

When she met her mate Evan, it was at a pack meeting. He didn't come alone, he brought his girlfriend of many years and they looked like they even finished each other's sentences.

Now his girlfriend's voice, that high screeching, chalk board scratching, irritating voice had Paris shudder in reaction. She didn't understand how anyone could sit there and listen to it for as long as Evan did.

By the end of that night's meeting, she noticed that Evan wasn't looking at anyone other than Stella, his girlfriend.

She stayed after the meeting, hoping to get Evan's attention but he just grabbed Stella's hand and they took off. So she went to see Beta Davis, told him what she thought of the meeting before she headed home.

When she turned, three of the other pack's males were right there. They listened to her speaking and liked what she had to say.

They ended up spending time together, Paris had a good time talking about pack politics. Harrison, one of the guys, invited her out for a drink which she accepted.

At the club, the guys all said what drew them to her was not only what she spoke about but her voice being so unique.

Paris chuckled and they shifted in their seats, a weird reaction. She admitted her voice was strange because she'd had her tonsils out and had a severe reaction when they operated. Things didn't go as planned and her voice was damaged forever.

While the other two, Sam and Bill were asked to dance and went, she and Harrison spent time sitting close and talking. He was asked to dance but he declined any offers, other than hers.