Part 3: Encounter

It was morning already. Gray woke up with Juvia's face inches away from him. His eyes widened and before he knew it he was leaning against the wall, panting. Juvia woke up and rubbed her eyes. "Is there something wrong, Gray sama?" she got up.
He looked down and realized he wasn't wearing pants. He blushed as he grabbed his clothes and struggled to put them on quickly.

"Nothing," he paused and his face turned serious. "Let's go,"
"Yes," She nodded.

They slowly walked out of the cave after the ice mage defrosted the entrance.
"No sign of it here," he looked around.
"Let's search further,"

Minutes later, which felt like hours, the air felt warmer.
"It's here,"
"Be on your guard," he alerted. Silence passed. The air grew warmer.
"Damn it, where is it--"

"Look out!!" She leaped in front of him.
"Juvia!!" he fell backwards. Juvia was injured on her right arm.
"Damn it!! Juvia hang in there!!" he approached her.

"My, my. How romantic! Do I have to leave you two alone for this scene too?" The fire demon appeared. Thought projection, the ice mage noted. He could actually talk. Gray repeated the demon's words in his head again.

""Too"? YOU made us do it last night??!!" he raged.
"Why so serious? I merely heated things up a little before I melted you two on this beautiful day," he said gleefully. "It's a pity I have to destroy this beautiful work of art though," he touched Juvia's cheek. The skin burned but she was still unconscious.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!!" The ice mage tackled the fire demon. They rolled over a few times. Gray's skin burned.

"Don't play with me, boy," the demon warned. In an instant, Gray's body temperature increased. He breathed heavily.
"Shit!!" he cursed, a hand on his chest.

"You should be happy I was in a good mood," the demon got up. He looked down upon Gray. The ice boy was at his limit. His strength was fading, and he couldn't breathe. He tried his best to resist but his vision was fading...fading away...

"Ju...via..."

Suddenly, he could feel rain drops on his face. Cool, soothing raindrops. His vision cleared. The sunny day was now dark and wet. The rain grew stronger. Lightning struck and blinded him. The next thing he knew, Juvia was standing in front of him, tall and proud.
"You leave Gray sama alone!!" she warned. That kind of warning wouldn't help, he thought. But he felt happy anyways.

"Water Force!!" Juvia swiftly moved her hands as the water charged.
"Haven't you learned anything from yesterday?" All the water around him evaporated.

"Ice Make: Seven Slices!!"

Gray attacked the demon with a fury of attacks. The creature was thrown backwards and hit a tree. The tree burst into flames.

"That hurt," he said in a low voice and got up slowly.

"It's about time I kill you two. You're both getting on my nerves," he hissed.

"Bring it on!!" he took off his shirt.
"Juvia will not hold back!!" she positioned.

"Ice Make Canon!!"
"Water Slicer!!"

"USELESS ATTACKS!!" the demon lifted his hand and the homing attacks evaporated instantly.

"Damn it!! Erza shouldn't have assigned us for this!!" Gray cursed.
"He's too strong!!"