Chapter Eight: Lovers Reunited

Previously in Percy Jackson and the Avengers...

"Do you all swear on the River Styx that if I join the Avengers you will bring back Leo, Piper, Frank, and...Annabeth?"

"We swear."

Thunder rumbled, and I suddenly felt happier than I ever have in a while. "Well what are you waiting for?"

***Perseus Jackson***

Hades stepped forward. "Let me explain to you what has to be done. We will bring you to the site of their deaths, in this case, that is the battlefield. You will find them in the exact position they were in when they died. You will have to touch them, for skin-on-skin contact will be a nessecary part of this . . . prodecure, and they will open their eyes, as if awakening from a long slumber. From there, they will most likely be confused and disoriented, but they will remember everything, so there is no need to concern yourself about memory loss.

"Then we will bring you all back to S.H.I.E.L.D. to explain to Fury our deal. As promised, we will see to it that they all have rooms in Starks's tower, just as you will. In fact, we'll even have them all on the same floor as you will be on."

I smiled, a real genuine smile that reached my sea-green eyes and made them sparkle. "So let's go!"

All the gods and goddesses of Olympus surrounded me as I stood up from the chair. They all held each other's hands (though Ares seemed like he was trying to crush their hands - no surprise there) and I shielded my eyes as they showed their true forms.

When I opened my eyes again, we were standing in the middle of the battlefield. I looked around as they stepped back in silence.

My breathe caught as my eyes landed on Leo, who was lying on his back, eyes closed, one hand on his abdomen where the gaping hole used to be, the other on the ground beside him where it fell from Hazel's face as he died. His chest rose and fell gently, as if he'd fallen asleep.

I forced myself to turn away from him and sprinted towards the person I had been looking for.

Annabeth.

I reached her body, which was still, except for the gentle rise and fall of her chest. Her curly, honey-blond hair was spread around her, framing her angelic face. Her eyes were closed, and her pink lips were slightly open as she inhaled and exhaled. Her camp shirt was in perfect condition, as were her mid-thigh blue denim shorts and sneakers, but her armor had disappeared. No doubt Aphrodite had something to do with the perfect state of her clothing.

I took a few more steps towards her, and dropped to my knees by her side.

I stretched out a tentative hand, trembling in anticipation. Gently, I cupped her cheek, and my thumb moved to stroke it.

She stirred, and her stormy gray eyes fluttered open.

"Percy?"

I felt my eyes widen, and a goofy grin stretched across my face. She smiled too, and reached up to cup my face.

I crashed my lips against hers, and we kissed under the heat of the mid-summer sun. And it was pretty much the best kiss of all time.

***

A/N

Woohoo! Three cheers for Percabeth!

Why are all of you so suspicious of the gods? Can't they just do something nice for once? :(

Nope! :) Because they're the gods and goddesses of Olympus. They never do something just for the sake of being nice, so watch out!

Anyways, how are all of you holding up with the new school year? Is it exciting?

Challenging?

Boring?

Don't be afraid to let me know!

Ciao!

safisarod