Needs

©JRF2016

Jade showed up knocking on his door early this morning. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and slid his jeans on before walking to the door and answering it, not expecting her.

"What now?"  He growled expecting Kim and halted when he saw those piercing green eyes of Jade's

"What now?" He growled expecting Kim and halted when he saw those piercing green eyes of Jade's.

"If you're not up for company I can leave, I know it's early and I've just dropped by unannounced," she started but Norman waved a hand at her.

"No, no it's fine. I just thought you were someone else. Someone annoying." He took her hand and pulled her inside, "You, I want to see. Anytime. I don't care how early or late it is." He smiled as they sat down on the futon. Neither of them said anything for a few minutes.

Jade couldn't seem to take her eyes off his bare chest. "So, you have your name tattooed on your chest? Is that in case you get lost or something?"

Norman chuckled as he looked down at his tattoo, he put his hand over it and let out a long sigh. "Actually, it's for my dad. His name was Norman too." She nods her understanding.

"Well, I wouldn't tattoo anything of my father's anywhere on my body, but then, I had a scumbag for a dad." She puts her head down and stares at the floor, "Anyway, where's your dad now? What's he do?"

"He, uh, he passed away." Norman's turn to stare at the floor. Jade scoots over closer to him and lays her hand on top of his.

"I'm sorry."

"You didn't know." Norman says as he squeezes her hand.

"How long?"

"It's been a while. I wasn't like a kid when it happened or anything, but it was a while ago. I still miss him though; we got really close right before he died." Norman let out a sigh, "I don't want to bring us down today. Let's talk about something else. Something that makes us happy."

"Like what?" Jade asked her eyes still glued to his bare chest.

"Well, you make me happy." Norman grinned at her and she slapped his shoulder. "Seriously, we don't have to talk either, just having you here with me is making me happy."

They sat around for a while just talking — random chit chat — when Jade's stomach started growling. Norman chuckled as he checked his phone for the time. "You want to get something to eat?" She shook her head. Norman wasn't completely sure but she looked like she really wanted to say yes instead. "My treat."

"I, you don't have to take me anywhere." Norman grabbed her hand and pulled her up and toward the door. He pushed her ahead as he grabbed a shirt laying on the back of the couch and locked it behind. He walked over and climbed onto his bike, putting on his helmet and reached into the bag for another for her. "Hop on, I want to take you out." She slides the helmet onto her head and climbs on the back of his bike, nervously, gripping him tight.