Meeting Someone

©JRF2016

      She couldn't believe this.  What horrible news, she has never wanted children.  This was only supposed to be a good time with a very attractive, sensitive, super star.  How could she have let this happen?  There's only one option for her.  She knows what she has to do and she can't tell him.  He can't ever know.  She drove to the closest clinic she could find and walked in the doors.  She's wasn't even nervous about this decision, she really never was nervous about it anyway but she did have a few reservations.  Those reservations are nonexistent now as she speaks with the doctor. 

       The weeks passed without her seeing her new friend as she healed up.  When she finally showed up at his place he had a huge grin on his face.  He was so happy to see her.

"Where have you been hiding?"  He asked as he took her in his arms.

"Oh just here and there."  She kissed his lips as he slid his big strong arms around her waist.

"I'm glad you showed up today, I need some relief."  He grinned at her and placed a kiss on her jaw, as he moved down her neck and at the same time walked her inside.

       Everything rolls on as normal for the next few days.  That is until Norman starts hearing her name thrown around in this small town.  It can't be. He thinks to himself as he listens to the conversation going on behind him without trying to look like he is listening in.  She wouldn't do that?  Would she?  She would at least fill me in before she did, wouldn't she? Truth of the matter is he didn't really know her that well.  Their encounters usually didn't involve much conversation, it always went straight into the bedroom if and when any conversation started.  She never just wanted to hang out and talk.  She never seemed to care about getting to know each other.  He met her at a Con here in town, she was his number one fan of all time. To quote her.  He slowly stood to his feet in that diner and took out his wallet to pay for his meal as he continued to listen to the conversation.  "No Becky, I'm as shocked as you but Kim did it, she really did it!"  The first girl said.

"I am just shocked that Kim let herself get knocked up in the first place," Becky responded in shock, "She is always so careful about that, the abortion part though, I can see that, she hates kids, she definitely never wanted any of her own. Do you know who the guy is?" The girl named Becky said with a laugh, Norman was fuming now.  He wasn't going to stick around to hear anymore. How could she?  How could she do that and not tell him?  He jumped onto his bike and revved it up.  He sped off headed toward the small townhouse he had been renting.  Everything he passed was a blur until he saw something that made him stop.  It was a wooden bicycle, with fat knobby tires, painted red with the words 'Radio Flyer' scribbled in messy handwriting on the side.  He didn't know why but it intrigued him.  Maybe because it was a child's handwriting.  It looked like something a child built, though it was pretty well constructed for a child's work.  His mind was completely focused on the child he would now never meet.  His heart was breaking, he loved kids, he loved being a daddy.  Mingus was the greatest thing that ever happened to him and truthfully he wanted more.  Norman shook his head in an attempt to clear his mind. He stared at that bike. Something deep down inside him had to have this raggedy thing.  He had to take his motorcycle home though.  He'd get his jeep and come back to get it.  He hoped that it would still be here.

       He had made it back in record time he thought.  He wanted to get back before the thing was gone, and he wasn't sure when garbage pick up was.  He pulled up to that curve and it was still there but there was someone else there staring at it.  She was cute. She had coal black hair and dark green eyes. The phone sounded off in the seat beside him. Kim's number flashed on the screen and anger flooded him again. Norman slammed his fist on the steering wheel. This caused a blast from the horn and apparently scared the poor girl in front of him to death.