Chapter 2

While Kari slept, she tossed and turned in her sleep, frowning at a nightmare she could not escape.

----------

Kari was in a wide open field. It was dark out and the moon was full. There was crying heard nearby.

"Mommy?" A voice called. Kari shivered at the painfully familiar voice. "Daddy?" Kari heard the voice again then began to walk towards it. "I'm scared. Where did you do? Mommy? Daddy?" Kari looked around then noticed part of a silver scarf near a bush. The girl shivered. "Why did you leave me? What happened?" Kari frowned then saw a small version of herself hugging Chase close and crying. "Mommy, Daddy what happened?" The young Kari asked with a hiccup even though there was no one there. "Why... Was there ketchup all around mommy when she was in the living room, Chase? Where was daddy? Why was there dust all over my drawing? Why did I hear them scream?"

"Be quiet, they'll find you." Kari whispered under her breath while tightening her hands into tight trembling fists, trying to warn her younger self, but nothing changed. The little girl sobbed and kept talking to herself and the plush dragon. Soon there were other voices echoing near by.

"This way! Over here! I can hear her crying!" A voice called. The little Kari squeaked in surprise as a hand grabbed her head and pulled her up. "Got her!" A man smirked.

"LEMME GO!! HELP!! MOMMY! DADDY!" The two year old screamed and flailed about to get away.

"No one's coming for ya kid." The man chuckled then flung the little Kari over his shoulder and walked away.

"No... No, no, no, no! Please!" Kari began to chase the man that held her younger self as they walked away into a shadow.

"Mommy... Daddy..." The younger Kari sniffled quietly, her voice echoing. Screams of Kari's parents then began to drown out the little voice and made Kari fall to her knees and cover her ears.

"Stop it.... Stop it, stop it, stop it!" Kari yelled while trembling. The blood curdling screams then changed into multiple voices that Kari did not know. The voices started talking indistinctly and they were hard to understand. Then they spoke as one, yet could still be made out as different voices.

"Save us... Please..." Kari blinked then wiped the tears from her eyes and slowly stood. "We're dying. Help us, please." Kari gulped and slowly nodded. "... Run..." Kari looked confused then saw shadows form into humanoid figures. The shadows looked at Kari in a hostile way then rushed at her. Kari gasped, then backed away and turned to run. The ground began to crack under the girl's feet and she fell down into a gigantic hole.

Kari felt a sharp pain in her head as she slowly sat up.

"Well howdy!" A familiar voice called, yet it was different. Kari narrowed her eyes and stood up slowly.

"F-Flowey..?" Kari asked through a painful moan. Kari felt strange, as if a weird intense power was present in the room. The area around her was dark and it made Kari scared. Then she noticed a light, as if a TV just turned on. A disturbing, smiling face appeared on the TV with line eyes and a weird mouth. The eyes then opened sideways to reveal demonic red eyes with green pupils. Kari shivered and took a step back. The area lit up to show a strange creature with vine-like limbs and multiple eyes. Kari went wide eyed with her pupils turning to slits. Flowey laughed at Kari's fear and hit the girl with a large vine.

----------

Kari sat up quickly while panting rapidly in horror. Her symbols were glowing brightly and her eyes were emanating a shimmering silver aura. She began to sweat and tremble. Kari began to float as well as many of the things in her room, a silver aura surrounding her and the items that were floating. Kari began to whimper and curl into the fetal position. Soon Kari's door was flung open to show Kitearo, the twins, and Toriel.