Chapter 2 : Better Than

Fey's POV:

"You," Alex's voice went to a mellow tone and she pointed her finger at me, repetitively tapping my nose.

"and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you"

"Watch the road, Jason Wade!" I giggle as she continues to rock back and forth in her seat. Tapping on the steering wheel as the instrumental played.

"Didn't you hear me, sweetie? I can't keep my eyes off of you!"

"You're weird! " I push her shoulder, she wiggled her hand at me doing a pathetic attempt to fight me.

I stuck my tongue at her. She laughed and licked my retreating tongue. She laughed harder as I scrunched up my nose and shook my head.

"Grody grody grosssss." I chuckled as she pouted.
"I love yooouuuuu."

She smiled once more with that beautiful smile. "I love youuu too sweetie."

The soothing voice poured out of the radio once more. Alex glanced at me and I nodded. We laughed before shouting.
"You and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you!"

She glanced at me back to the road.
"What day is it?
And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive."

Her voice was calming and beautiful, as the radio station host announced the song "You and me by Lighthouse. "

"You know, that's gonna be our song, Fey."

I nodded, smiling lightly.

'Our song. ' My smile felt as though it reached from ear to ear.
It felt like one of those sappy moments in a movie and later the song will play when they fought, somewhere. Super sappy but I felt like I- we need that.

"We gonna be one of those sappy married couples that end up getting divorced over a song?" I use a southern drawl in my voice.

Her lips bite down harshly and I hear her laugh she tries to choke back.

"Let me drive women!" She brings her hands to crash down on the steering wheel once more.
"I'm pretty sure I just missed like three turns. "

"Then fix em! "

She chuckles lowly.
"Fix the turns? Yes, that makes total sense Fey."

"Blehh." I turn toward my window.

I feel our car sticks out in this wave of cars. It's not the best car, but it's probably more reliable than their shit minivans and flashy Mercedes. A blue ford is so much better than any convertible.

I look out to see the car next to our lane. A creepy motorcyclist. A few of those Mercedes, as expected. A shitty Chevy, a super shiny white. Who keeps an old car that clean? No one cares that much.

That car doesn't have Alex Vanoir in it. As nice as any other car could be, they don't have her. That car isn't perfect. So I'll say it again.

"This car is so much better. " I heard Alex chuckle.

"This car is our baby, this is the greatest car ever! I declare it!" She raised her arm up, pointing to the sky.

"You're silly. " I giggle at the small gesture. This car meant a lot to Alex. She calls it ours but this is truly hers. Her priced possession.

"I knooowwww."

The rest of the car ride was flooded with soft music and wondrous melodies Alex had hummed.