Silas heard enough already. He decided to leave since he had the urge to hop over the desk and choke the life out of his dad. He stood up with his keys in his hands.

"I'm not done talking to you." Ramses said while eyeing his son, he hated that Silas was becoming more like Nasir. So independent and straightforward.

"Yeah, but I am," Silas replied while leaving his father's office. He walked inside the kitchen and noticed his mom was stacking the expensive plates and putting them away. A few tears cascaded down her cheeks as she wept in silence.

"Ma. Are you okay?" Silas questioned her while nearing the woman. He placed his large hand on the small of her back. She looked over her shoulders and immediately wiped her eyes. 

She sniffed, "I'm alright."

"I don't like the way he talks to you." Silas told her truthfully. Queen just shrugged her shoulders. "He's your father Silas, you know how he is."

"Yeah, but I'm tired of seeing him treat you like this. You don't have to take this, ma." Silas replied.

Queen patted Silas on his shoulder and smiled at her son, "I'll be alright. Stop worrying about me."

Silas wasn't feeling that fake ass smile that his mom had put on for him. He wanted to go back inside his dad's office and beat his ass but he knew that it would be hard to fight Ramses.

✤ ✤ ✤

Lucky had been inside the house all day. She wasn't in the mood to go out. She was still disoriented from what had taken place two nights ago. Silas kissed her.Notonce but twice, and it had her feeling real emotion. She had never felt thatway before. And what made it worse was that Silas gave her the silent treatment—again.

She took a deep breath while soaking herself inside of the large round tub. She had it filled with hot water and soapy bubbles. Her hair was wet from dipping her head in the water.

She took her loofah and scrubbed her body, freeing it from dirt. In the midst of washing, she heard the opening of the front door. 

Silas must be home.

Lucky heard heavy footsteps as they grew closer. The sound of the bedroom door opening pushed her to quickly get out the tub.

Lucky threw on a racer back shirt and some drawstring shorts. She wring her hair out with the towel and wore it down so it could finish air drying.

Lucky walked towards Silas' room and took a deep breath, she hadn't talk to him in two days and right now she was scared that he would diss her.

She knock on the door. Nervously.

"What?" He ask hastily as if he was annoyed by her knock. Lucky just shook her head as she stood on the other side of his door. "Never mind." She said while backing up and making her way into the living room.

✤ ✤ ✤

Silas didn't feel like being bothered by Lucky, not after what happened that day. He didn't want her to think he wanted her, and he didn't want her to think something was happening between them because it wasn't.

Silas didn't like teenage girls. He didn't mess with girls younger than him. That's why he felt so stupid for even kissing Lucky. He was just caught up in the moment.

He figured that he could let her know now about this kissing situation. Silas opened his room door and entered the living area. He realized Lucky was sitting on the couch with her eyes glued to the television. When she noticed him, her heart skipped a beat.