TWO

The sun was out and shining as usual, children were all out on the lawn and sidewalks playing and the other residents stood aside looking and sweeping off their stoop.

"I'm tired of seeing you frown. What's wrong this time?" Bliss questioned Lucky, who was sitting beside her on the stoop. They were hanging out and chatting about people as they passed by.

The usual.

"Gunner is my fucking problem." She mumbled while fingering through her hair that was down and blowing in the wind.

"What did he do this time?" Bliss asked while sparking the blunt she made earlier. She pulled tokes from it while enjoying the fumes.

"What don't he do?" Lucky shot her friend a look.

Moving in with Gunner was a huge mistake. He'd been trying to control her since she walked over the threshold. They had a huge fight because he didn't want her to get a job at Gigi's. Gunner knew men hung out in the place, and he swore up and down that Lucky would be in their faces. He even went as far as trying to give her a curfew. Lucky wanted to stay with Bliss badly but knew Dean wouldn't want her there. She couldn't handle Gunner and his overbearing ways.

"Spill it." Bliss told her while passing her the blunt, Lucky looked at the join before pulling from it. "We got into a big fight last night."

"What was it about?"

"The club." Lucky uttered. "He keep thinking that I'm going to cheat."

"I told you to leave that old ass nigga alone-now look at this shit. He's trying to control you because you're staying with him. I don't like it."

Lucky knew that Bliss was right. She should have left Gunner alone, but she knew she couldn't. Right now, she depended on him for cash and shelter.

"I know, I'm going to put some applications in at Dollar Tree so I can leave his shit. That nigga is fucking crazy..." She shook her head as she thought about his behavior.

A black Cadillac pulled up in the neighborhood. It was the same truck they'd seen a few weeks ago. The girls knew it was Silas.

For some reason, Lucky eyed the truck. She liked watching him, even though he was older than her. She had a big crush on Silas. Lucky noticed him stepping out of his ride, and she couldn't help but notice his stance.

Silas had bowlegs, and that alone almost made her melt. He rocked a simple white shirt with grey sweatpants. A gold chain hung from his neck as he stepped away from his vehicle.

Lord Jesus. Lucky said to herself.

Lucky's eyes were filled with happiness until she realized he had a woman with him. She'd never seen the girl before. Lucky could tell she wasn't from around here. Slowly, her eyes narrowed in suspension.

"Who is that?" Lucky questioned aloud, referring to the caramel beauty that walked with Silas. She knew to ask Bliss since she knew everything and everyone.

"Shit, that's ummm-."Bliss stopped so she could think about it. "You know Katina?" Lucky nodded her head. She was anxious to know who the bitch was.

"That's her lil sister. They call her Chanel. I don't know too much about her." Bliss chattered. "I didn't know that Silas was fucking with her."

"Umm.." Lucky hummed. The girl was pretty and she was dressed in lovely fabric. Envy rained on Lucky's shoulders.

"How old is he?" Lucky continued to ask questions.

"I think he around twenty-two. I'll ask Kori."

Lucky pursed her lips up. In her opinion, all of the cute guys were grown.