it started with a text

Start from the beginning

Basically what I wear everyday with my hair in a black ponytail.

I grab my bag and keys as I make my way downstairs and to the kitchen. There, I find a note taped to the counter.

'Left early for a business trip. Won't be back until about next week. Be safe. Love you: Mom'

I crumble the piece of paper and throw it in the bin. Of course. Mother is the assistant of the CEO of a estate company(which I bothered not to learn the name of) which has estates all over the world so she travels alot.

I walk to the fridge and grab a box of fruit loops and milk. I pour then sit at the little table in the middle of the kitchen, then hungrily gobble it down, knowing my mother would say, 'bad manners!' if she every saw me doing it.

"Eliza?" I call as I put the dish in the sink.

I'll make Jason was it later since I'm basically boss until next week. Oh, I'll make him tidy the house then tie him up and repeatedly kick him in the stomach, so he knows how it feels to be a girl.

"Coming!" She yells back and then footsteps are heard down the stairs.

"My phone!" I tell her.

She comes to the kitchen and flashes my phone in front of my face, smirking. "Way ahead of you."

"Ready?" She asks.

"Aren't you eating?" I ask with a frown.

"Nah, your coming with me to catch breakfast at your favorite coffee shop." She grins.

Coffee Delight?! I know the name sounds dumb but the make the best coffee ever! And the best fruit salad too. And don't forget their excellent service.

"I-I already ate." I stutter.

"Yeah? I can see how hungry you are through those pretty eyes of yours."

"Ugh, fine!" I give in. "Let's go. "

"So..." El begins as we walk put the door together.

"Hmm?"

"Last night was..."

"Oh my God please no!" I beg.

"Awesome! Fucking fantastic. I think-"

"Blah! Blah! Blah!"

fucking

time

skip

"See you after class?" I say to Eliza.

She nods and we go out separate ways.

Eliza is studying law. She wants to follow in her father's footsteps. I, on the other hand, am studying foods to become a chef. Yeah, I love baking and cooking. It's surprising I'm not fat yet.

I enter my class and find it half full; the teacher, Ms. Bartley, is not here yet.

I take my seat in the middle of the class of the class and take out my book to starts reading ahead.

It seems that I am so engrossed I don't even know when the teacher enters. Ms. Bartley is a middle aged woman with short blonde hair and a nice personality. She has a baby boy around the age of five and an older son around my age.

She begins teaching and I block out every distraction to listen to her. Not that there are a lot. Only about ten students take this class. Apparently, it's lame and stupid and will only make you get fat and they have more exciting to do that sit around and cook meals they already know(which they do not) and shit like that.

My phone vibrates in my pocket. I look around and see everyone focussing on the teacher, whose back was turn to us.

I quickly take my phone out, thinking it's a message from mother.

Unknown- come over tonight baby? Xxxx

What. The. Fuck. Who the hell is this? Kisses? Come over? Baby?

Eliza, stop playing games. I'm in class. I press the send button without realizing. "Fuck." I mumble to myself. It says unknown, idiot!

Unknown- who? Baby ur the one playing games. Xxxx

Who is this? I type back.

Unknown- Stop fucking around, will u?

Uh...I think u have the wrong #... I reply.

Unknown- nope! This is the # I got from Josh.

Who the fuck is Josh?! I press the send button and shove my phone back in my pocket, praying that this person will leave me alone.