Cannibal.

I looked around me- dazed, confused. But, more importantly, I thought, “Who am I?” This is the ninth person this week.  I think that’s a record. I don’t even remember all their names. This one might have been a Katie or a Kelly, or something like that. I don’t even know what made me start, but after the first, it was all downhill.  Being a cannibal was never my intentions. But, after that first bite of human flesh, I was hooked. 

So now, as I run from the scene of the crime, my adrenaline is rushing, my heart is pounding, and I’ve never felt more alive.  As I turn the corner I start to hear sirens in the distance. That’s my favorite part. The feeling of getting caught is what keeps me going. I know they wont catch me, they never do, so I’m not worried about the growing sound of the sirens. I’m better than those cops, and all I do is outsmart them. I’ve beaten them at their own game.

“Annabel, is that you?” I heard someone behind me calling.  I slowly turned around. This has never happened. Nobody knows who I am, especially in this town. I’ve only been here for a week. “Who is that?” I shout back as the figure moved closer. They’re still too far away for me to see their face.

“Its me, Mike Cahl, from high school,” he said as he finally approached me, “Oh, right. How have you been?” I asked with the most fake smile. I couldn’t care less how he’s been. “I’ve been fine! But what brings you to the neighborhood? I haven’t seen you in ages! You should come over for coffee. We could catch up!” He rambled on.

I forgot how much I hated him. He never shuts up, but coffee does sound pretty good right now… “Yeah, that sounds nice.” I replied. And with that we started walking back towards his house. 

As he pored my coffee into my glass my head started spinning. Spinning with ideas. Two in one day is pretty risky, but I think I can pull it off. It might be hard, but it’s definitely possible and I’m still so hungry…

Everything has to be perfect for this to work. It’ll be tricky, but I might be able to develop a plan really fast. And then, just like that, my window of opportunity opened. He turned his back to me and all at once I jump up and hit him over the head with my coffee cup. He fell to the ground and before he had time to question what was happening I grabbed a knife off the counter and stabbed him 13 times in the back.

There’s a lot I don’t know about in this world, but if there is one thing I do know its that my name is Annabel Davis and I am a cannibal. I strive off of human flesh and there’s nothing I love more than eating the insides of the poor victim that didn’t see it coming.