Eight

Riley's POV:

I pull away from the hug and look at Farkle's face. He looks upset.

"You okay?" I ask, as he looks at me with a small smile.

"Of course. Let's go and hang out with everyone." He says before walking out of the treehouse and climbing down the branches.

I look around the room one more time. Then I see a picture of me and Charlie in the corner of the room on top of the small bookshelf. I grab it and look at it for a second. I feel the anger growing inside of me.

"Ugh!" I throw it out the window. I hear the sound of shattering glass a moment later.

I look out the window and see Farkle looking up at me, then the picture on the ground before he walks into the house. It landed a few feet behind him.

I sigh and leave the treehouse, shutting the door behind me.

I start climbing down the branches.

I jump the last three feet and land on the ground. I scan my surroundings before I walk into the house. I walk into the kitchen and see everyone sitting at the table eating pancakes.

"Hey pumpkin." Maya flashes me a smile, I return the smile and sit down next to her.

"You okay riles?" Lucas asks me, a concerned look on his face.

"I'm fine." Uncle Buster hands me some food. "Thank you Uncle Buster." I lean up and kiss his cheek before I start eating.

"Where's my smiley Riley?!" Zay!

I run out of the kitchen, and out the front door to see Zay standing outside. A huge smile appears on my face.

"There's my girl!" Zay says opening his arms, a big smile on his face as well.

"Zay!" I run up to him, and wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around me, lifting me off the ground and twirling me around. I giggle as he does this.

Zay puts me down, but I continue to hug him. "I missed you so much riles." He says, as I finally release him from the hug.

Zay is like a brother to me.

"I missed you more. How are things between you and Vanessa?" I ask, pushing a strand of hair behind my ears.

"We're great. But riles, I need to ask you something."

"Anything." I say, as he pulls me farther away from the house.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?! I'm not complaining sugar, but you know people still remember what he did right? Yes I know, it was self defense, but still. Everyone believes that Luca-" Suddenly Zay is cut off by Maya and Farkle coming outside.

"Another huckleberry? Oh, this must be the famous Zay you are always talking about huh?" Maya says as Zay looks at me and chuckles.

"And your Maya. I have heard a lot about you as well. And what's a Farkle? I've heard many great things about this Farkle." Zay says, as I point towards Farkle.

"Hi." Is all Farkle says as he sticks his hand out for Zay to shake.

I smile as I see Zay grab his hand and pull him into a bro hug. Zay whispers something to Farkle. Farkle nods as he pulls away from the hug.

I look at Zay confused, what did he say to Farkle? Zay just simply smiles, with a slight nod.

"Lucas!" Zay yells, causing Lucas to come running out of the house a few seconds later.