Chapter 10: Number Two

The ride to the concert hall was quiet. Everyone was either staring out of the window or fidgeting with their phones. Matt spent the whole ride thinking about his dream last night. The blood on her hands really freaked him out.

"We're here." Said Alicia, sounding like she could've been afraid to talk. The six piled out and checked up on normal things.  "Alright if no one's going to say it I will." Said Johnny. "Rip, I'm sorry, but it's showtime! Let's have a good time you guys!"
"For once Johnny's right. Let's go crazy you guys." Replied Matt.

"YEAH!" Yelled Jimmy, punching the air. Everyone stared at him. "Right?" He asked. "Right." Said V. Everyone cheered, and continued what they were doing. Before they knew it, it was almost showtime.

The guys did another funny tour intro, and it was "11" (15) minutes till on stage. (They stuck up both their middle fingers.) "You exited, kid?" Asked Zacky, grabbing a beer out of the cooler. "Yeah." Replied Rip, trying to push the thought of her parents to the back of her head.

Instead she thought about flea while she was warming up. How old was he? Did his parents name him flea? It really started to bother her until they got in their spots and her adrenaline began to rush.

Ripper uncontrollably smiled while playing the beginning of sidewinder, looking directly at the screaming crowd. She wasn't as scared as the first time. Rip's heart still pounded though. She could almost hear it.

The last song was a blurry mess of colors and music. Good thing this was muscle memory. She felt a little sore in the head, and touched her temples to soothe the pain. It worked a little bit, but it was still there. The blurring went away, though. She could see normally now.

Ripper followed the rest of the band to the table they got to meet people at. She sat in between Matt and Brian. They would keep her safe from crazy fans. Doors opened and fans came flooding in like a spilled water bottle.

"You're ripper! Ohmygod you're so awesome! Could you sign this, please?!" Asked a blonde girl about 18 years old. Her face was overrun with makeup. "Sure." Replied the younger girl, standing up and sighing the object she asked her to.

The First Lady left and a guy appeared, a big muscular man full of tattoos alike the rest of A7X. "Could I get a picture?" He asked. Rip looked at Matt. "You can take pictures, rip." Laughed the singer. She circled around the table by the man and took a selfie with him. "Thank you!" He said, and left her with tons of other fans.

About two hours later, the band got tired and made their way back to the hotel. "What'd you think about signing stuff, rip?" Asked Jimmy. "It was uh... Weird." "Yeah, I saw you sign that lady's cast."

"Why would you be at a metal concert -with a mosh pit- and have a broken leg?" Asked V, mockingly. The guys laughed. "Yeah I once signed a fake leg." Cut in Brian. "I remember that!" Replied Matt. Syn laughed, "He took it off his hip and was like- sign it! I was all, 'okay?'" More laughter.

The band got to the hotel, and Syn, Rev, Zacky and Jhonny went to the bar while the uncle and niece went to the hotel room. "Did you have fun, V?" Asked Matt, sitting down on his bed. "Yeah." Said Ripper. "I've decided I like meeting fans. You get to see a lot of colorful characters." Matt laughed.

The two got ready for bed and Matt went to sleep again terrified of the results his brain would feed him.