Chapter 3: pushy

The car stopped at his child hood house. The band got out and walked through the porch, knocking on the clear glass front door. At first, the lights were off, but they flickered on as his mother walked through the house and opened the door. "Matt." She said, hugging her son. "Mom." They broke apart and she nodded to avenged sevenfold as a 'hi.' "C-come see Vada." There were tear tracks down her face, and it looked like she couldn't smile no matter what she did. She led him to her room, and they stopped in the doorway. Vada bolted into Matt, almost knocking him over.

"Thank you for taking care of me." She sobbed. "No problem kid." His eyes filled up with tears himself, leaving his sight a little blurry. They had a group hug. Matt heard his father sigh. "We were just d-discussing on what we wanted for lunch." He said, shakily to Matt.

Matt's flashback ended, the reporter staring at him, holding a microphone into his hand. "We... We uh... Pass?" Matt said. "It's really kind of a sad story." He said. "I don't wanna talk about it." It was weeks after Vada had joined the band, and reporters were dying to get the story of how a kid guitarist got into the band. Especially one this good. "But the story is still unknown." The woman pressed on, trying to squeeze an answer out him, like a cobra and a mouse. (The reporter was the cobra.)
"Fine." Said Matt. "My sister and her husband died, and I wanted to take care of her so she moved in with me!" "But h-" "When I was younger, like still in high school, at the very beginnings of this band, I was hanging at home and my sister's little family came over and Vada sat down and starts..."

He looked at Vada at the other chair, looking at him like he was crazy. A smile finally spread across his lips. "... Fucking shredding! Like, really fast triplets." Synister nodded. "I- I was there, man. It was... Life changing." There was a wave of laughter among them.

"I was there too!" "Dude, you got kicked outta my house!" "From the window! I was watching from the fucking window!" "Like a stalker!" Click! "That's a wrap!" Yelled the director. "We're on commercial now!"

"Dude that interview was intense!" Said the Rev once they got back to shadow's house. "I know right, she was like, 'I want to know EVERY single detail.'" Replied Ripper. "I thought she was gonna put a heat lamp over me."

"HAHAHA!! We'd kick 'Er ass don't worry." Laughed Shadows. "Okay, no more interviews. I don't wanna go on tour with reporters following me." Rev nodded. "I agree." "But how will they record backstage?" Asked Jhonny. "They have cameras DUH." Said Synister, thumping Jhonny on the head. "Ow!"

Everyone but Jhonny laughed. "Seriously, we tour tomorrow and its like 11- way past ripper's bed time." Shadows cut in, tilting his head to the side. "Night!" Replied Ripper, fist bumping The Rev and Syn.