Chapter 34-A Gift

It was a silent day, all things considered. Daenerys was quite satisfied with herself.

"Your grace, the children were successful. They rule the kingdom now."

"That's good news I suppose. Anything else?" asked Daenerys.

"The young queen requests a meeting and has given you a boatload of dornish silk and wine."

"Tell her I approve, send a few gifts as well" said Daenerys.

________________________________________________________________

"I must leave for a meeting with our aunt. I plan to ask her to raise the child." said Reyella

"Wouldn't that be an insult?" asked Aegon

"What would you have me do? Murder the child like Tywin?" asked Reyella

"It would be what's best. What if the child decided to uprise against us?" asked an impatient Aegon.

"He wouldn't have their support, everyone's learned how devastating dragon fire is. Besides, I think a certain Stark girl would like you to accompany her" said Reyella with a sly wink.

__________________________________________________________________

It was dark and filthy were he was kept. He could hear his mother's screams. Even in prison she was still a proud woman. All he could think about was his son. Poor boy brought into this. Surely Reyella would have mercy upon a child. Tommen feared for his son's safety. Even if Reyella was a girl she was still a Targaryen. Tommen could only pray to the gods for his son's well-being.

____________________________________________________________________

The Meereen sun was hot and dreary. Nevertheless, this was an important trip.

Reyella decided it was best to keep it casual and wore only loose clothing she borrowed from Tya. She had kept the child in a basket leaving enough room for it to breathe and had strapped the basket at her breast. Sunfyre was irritated that Reyella had kept her from Nightfyre. She had comforted her dragon with the thought of playing with Drogon,Viserion and Rhaegal.

______________________________________________________________________

"Your grace the girl has arrived"

"Thank you. Proceed to my chambers and have my dinner served after this meeting"

"Yes your grace"

Daenerys didn't know how to approach this girl who called herself "Rhaenys Targaryen". Surely she would have to test her,but how? This girl won wars and numerous battles of course with her brother by her side but she had to be smart so as Jorah says. Then she had a idea. A true dragon is not destroyed by fire.

___________________________________________________________________

Reyella was treading on dangerous waters. She did not know Daenerys as well but this was her territory. Reyella knew better than to anger and provoke another powerful player.

"I suppose congratulations are in order. Your victory has spread" said Daenerys

"Your brother was there....Rhaegar but he was betrayed and killed under orders from Cersei Lannister." replied Reyella

"So I've heard. What is that you are carrying?" asked Daenerys

"This is why I've come here your grace. Tomme- My enemy and his wife had a child and my council has told me it was best to execute the child."

"And what do you think?"

"No matter the sins of the father compassion is not a weakness"

Daenerys smiled at that. The girl reminded her of herself.

"And what do you plan to do with the child? why have you brought it here?"

"Your grace I humbly ask you to give shelter and protection to this child as it is not safe for him to be in Westeros"

"Is this a slight?! you wish to give me the child of your enemy?" asked an angered Daenerys

"No no no your grace I meant only to give this child a safe place and people to call home.Please I beg of you." Reyella kneeled in front of her aunt

"Guards take this girl to a cell,take that child from her" ordered Daenerys

________________________________________________________________________

The cell was a bit more comfortable than she thought. Sure it was a bit dark and damp in some areas but there was a cot and a small table with a lamp and unsullied as her guards not that bad. This was probably more than what Tommen, Cersei and Margaery were placed in. Reyella did feel bad that she had taken a child away from his parents, taken it on a dragon ride and now is in the arms of her aunt.

Reyella fekt really guilty now. But before she could think even more the cell door opened.

"Get up m'lady she has requested for you" said Jorah

Reyella was brought into a garden of sorts. It was already dark out and there were soldiers lined out. Reyella could only barely see her aunt and a girl beside her and a man about half the size of Daenerys.

"Tyrion? Tyrion Lannister?" asked Reyella

"Your grace" bowed Tyrion

"You know one another?" asked Daenerys

"He's married to the Stark girl"

"but then I left"

"Because?"

"I had no longer felt that King's Landing was safe I mean all those rumours of dragon children with colored dragons I mean that's a lot to take in"

"My brother will offer you protection he-"

"Tyrion is my guest and my advisor he stays here"

"How's dear Sansa?"

"She's Queen of the North now, respected ,feared and smart"

"Reyella , Viserys once  told me that true dragons were not harmed by fire. Have you heard of that?"

"Yes. Connington says so but ive never seen it with my own eyes."

Then Daenerys brought out a huge black dragon with humongous scales.

"Let's find out"

Then suddenly the dragon breathed out and engulfed Reyella in a cloud of fire and smoke billowed across the grounds of burnt grass and possibly a body.

They all saw a body, Reyella's feet on the ground ,still and unmoving. The girl's clothes have been burnt off and Daenerys rushed forward to find the girl's burnt body

But lo and behold, Reyella slowly stood and covered her naked body with her arms and said:

"Are you all gonna stand there or are you going to help me? It's getting a bit cold now."