The Imprint II Chapter 2

Kissing Jacob was different than kissing Edward.  Bella noticed that Jacob's skin had a woodsy, musky scent — it fit the setting, here in the middle of La Push. It was nice. She wondered if the Cullens and the Quileutes weren't just playing up that whole odor issue because of their prejudices. Everyone smelled fine to her. 

Jacob's hands sneakily moved further down Bella's waist as their already heated kiss deepened. 

"Behave yourself," Bella muttered, pressing her face against his shoulder.   

He was so warm. His arms constricted around her, holding her snugly against his bare chest. The heat was irresistible, like air after being underwater for too long. Bella could have gone on forever until her thoughts were interrupted from a chorus of 'aww's came from the doorway.

They both pulled away to see Seth, Embry, and Quil, all with smug looks on their faces.

"So are you guys going to invite us in?" Embry chuckled.

"Don't be stupid." Jacob said, sounding falsely exasperated.  

It took a few moments before they all broke out into laughter. All three Quileute members made their way into Jacob's room, making themselves comfortable wherever they pleased.

"So you're officially a couple?" Quil asked.

Bella sat up. "Yes, we are." She responded proudly.

"We can now pick you up from work then!" Seth chimed in happily.

Embry hit him around the head. "Bella's Jake's girlfriend, not yours."

"Ouch," Seth rubbed the back of his head. "I was just saying.."  Seth muttered, defiant, yet still embarrassed.

"Plus you have Nikki." Added Quil seeming almost ashamed.

There was a brief moment of silence.  

"Seth, you imprinted?" Jacob's tone made Bella wonder if she was missing out on a joke.

Seth blushed a light shade of scarlet that was barely visible under his russet skin.  

"Yeah." Seth said; he seemed determined to answer honestly.

Jacob cocked an eyebrow. "Wait who's Nikki?"

There was a brief moment of silence.    

"That dead bloodsucker's newborn niece." 

Jacob didn't respond for a moment, listening to the silence of the room or digesting what he'd heard. 

"Seth, tell me you didn't imprint on a vampire." Jacob whispered roughly.

"I did." Seth responded quicker than anticipated. 

Jacob's voice came back fast and hard. "How could you?" 

Seth stared at him quietly. 

"You know exactly how much I hate to accept this," Jacob whispered slowly. 

"I have considered it," Seth answered quietly. "But I thought out of all people, you would understand. I mean look who you ended up with." He motioned to Bella.

Jacob flexed his arms around Bella as he gritted his teeth. "Bella isn't a vampire."

"I almost was," Bella croaked.

All eyes in the room were now fixated on Bella. She took in a deep breath before continuing. "That same night when the newborn battle was going to happen," She glanced up at Jacob. "When you left, I was going to have Edward turn me."