Chapter Six: Who knew

After entering the tunnel of the tower to go into the next compartment of the tower. I started to wonder how many knew of this tower and why people hadn't come back from previous visits. I was worried and scared of what was to happen however; it did help without the Elders in the way or slowing me down. Maybe they had gone back to the castle but then I thought what if they'd been taken by the figure. There were so many questions in my head and no one to answer them I then started to wonder why I was sending myself around in this circle. It was ridiculous I had to not let myself become unfocused for my task ahead. I needed to be focuses if this tower was built by illusionists especially if my father had been involved. He could terrify any human with his illusions even if they basic ones such as coin tricks still no one figured him out when I was younger before the mist came that time before it consumed the island. Though one thing I had missed was the sound of the islanders singing and dance. Suddenly there the building shook and fog fell around my feet I began to feel my spine chill as my body froze in great fear of the mist.

However; as the mist landed onto the floor I realised that this mist was not like the mist up top. It then made me think that the mist up top was an illusion also. But nobody knew so no sooner than realised I was down here in the tunnel on my own. I had to keep going and not let the tower beat me as that had been what happened to the others before me who had attempted to conquer the tower. What had truly amazed me was the fact that the tower was so cleverly built almost as if it was from another time.

"Right okay I wish I wasn't alone now" I then said to myself in deep thought as the tunnel changed once more. It seemed to change every time the fog fell.

The fog had fallen again it had felt cold around my ankles regretting ripping the lower part of my dress so it was now knee lentgh. But it had made it easier to move quicker and run if needed. I felt like one of those old adventurers from the plays we used to have. It had finally become understandable as to why the theatre had been so important. It had been the one thing had kept the mist at bay all this time. we just didn't know it.

Then again the tower I only saw as a challenge and nothing but. If I didn't know better this was something I was meant to do. A door appeared now the fog had gone but a figure replaced the fog's presence.

"Must be time" The figure said as it greeted me with unusual kindness.

"What do you mean?" I then questioned as he greeted me to shake hands.

"The tower shifts and changes for those who enter but you my dear have not been phased" The figure continued to explain.

After he had finished speaking I my fear of this figure had lifted. I felt ecstatic to know he was on my side. Maybe he was who we saw at the start of this. So much so it made me start to trust the figure he felt familiar which was odd.

"So you are the illusionist that has been brought before us" The figure then conjured as he took a closer look at me.

As he inspected me I could feel the cold from him touch my skin. Yet nothing he did made me fear him.

"Yes I am who they have sent" I then announced hoping he would not object and kill me.

"Good. You understand illusions clearly but also conquer them. Not one human soul has made it this far. You have proven worthy to enter the real tower." The figure then exclaimed as if he was a ring master presenting a show.

"The real tower?" I asked as the illusions folded and the tower had shown it's true form however; it was still just as beautiful.

"Yes, the real tower" The figure then spoke in reply.

The tower was much grander than the illusion. That and they were real. The decorations on the walls felt like silk as they were centuries years old. Yet the tower had not changed in the slightest. The tower had certainly amazed me just as my father had done before when he was alive. It had made me feel proud that I was a descendent of one of the creators of this beautiful yet deadly tower so it was no surprise it's name in the old language was Atropa belladonna.